i‑Ready empowers educators by connecting rich assessment data to personalized digital learning and powerful classroom instruction. With i‑Ready, educators can sharpen their insights into student needs with actionable data and access rigorous yet engaging instruction to help each student succeed.
About the role:
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The Content Developer for i-Ready Professional Development is charged with making sound content and creative decisions and offering solutions that will impact educator practice. In collaboration with the Senior Director of Educator Success and the i-Ready Associate Director you’ll maintain a coherent scope and sequence for i-Ready professional development offerings, define plans for future content development, and author content to support teachers, leaders, and coaches in implementing i-Ready successfully. This position may also be called upon to assist others in the organization with special projects, including designing internal training. The role is collaborative and strategic yet highly task and detail oriented. Excellent writing skills are required.
The impact you’ll have:
- As Subject Matter Expert, you will research, write, and develop high-quality professional development content for on-site and online delivery that will impact educator practice
- Collaborate with Program Management, Product Development, Professional Development Specialists (PD Specialists), and outside experts to conceptualize professional development topics
- Research, write, and develop high-quality assessment and instruction professional development content
- Review professional development content authored by other Professional Development team members
- Support PD Specialists for successful i-Ready professional development delivery
- Create implementation support resources as needed
- Deliver internal presentations as needed
What we’re looking for:
- 3–5 years developing on-site and online professional development courses and supporting materials for K–8 educators
- Understanding of pedagogy for both K–8 students and adult learners
- Proven experience working with technology-based assessment and instruction
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize and execute content for a variety of media types and audiences
- Ability to identify possible challenges and find solutions through thoughtful inquiry
- High level of comfort with instructional design and presentation technology
- Experience managing multiple projects and tasks
- Proven experience with presentation and workflow software (Zoom, Padlet, Powerpoint, Workfront)
- Knowledge of presentation and instructional design tools (Camtasia, Snagit, and Adobe Acrobat)
- Receptive to feedback and iterating on work to ensure educators and students receive the best products possible
- Extraordinary organizational, verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- High degree of flexibility and good humor
- Capacity to work remotely and maintain virtual team best practices
- Minimum of a BS/BA degree; MS/MA in Education preferred
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.