Director of Proposal Development
The Director of Proposal Development will lead a team of skilled writers in crafting targeted, compliant proposals to school district and state department of education RFx, as well as responses to national reviews, consortia, and related projects. The person hired for this newly created role will work closely with the Sales team, subject matter experts, Legal and Finance teams, and Bids & Proposals colleagues to develop and deliver compliant, compelling proposals on deadline.
Why join this team:
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. Headquartered outside Boston, we are an innovative, collaborative, and mission-driven company that has been consistently recognized as a Boston Globe Top Workplace and a Boston Business Journal Best Place to Work.
We are seeking a talented full-time remote Director of Proposal Development to join one of the best Bids & Proposals teams in the industry as we grow this key business function. Our small but mighty team has maintained an average win rate of better than 60% over the past 8 years. Are you the person who can help build on that sustained success and take us to the next level as we serve school districts and learning communities nationwide? Would you love to work in an environment where excellence is rewarded and you can have a meaningful impact on business operations? Do you want to be part of a team that is ethical, dedicated, collaborative, creative, and passionate about ‘getting it right”? If so, let’s talk!
The impact you’ll have:
- Oversee the proposal development team and process to ensure timely, accurate, and compelling submissions. This includes participation as a contributor and/or reviewer to the narrative and costing process.
- Mentor and manage a geographically diverse staff of six proposal writers. This includes check-ins and performance evaluations, pay reviews, and personnel / placement decisions.
- Implement and enforce procedures and processes for each phase of the proposal development cycle, including pre-RFP work with the sales team, bid/no-bid decisions, proposal development, and cost/price determination.
- Build relationships across departments. Establish and take leadership for cross-functional teams that seek competitive, comprehensive solutions resulting in winning proposals and effective implementations.
- Partner with the sales team and other key stakeholders at all stages of proposal development process.
- Attract and retain talented professionals with competitive industry credentials.
- Lead competitive reviews of CA's and competitors' proposal submissions to ensure CA meets or exceeds industry standards for submission quality.
- Provide accurate communications, reports, and input to senior management staff on new opportunities, proposal status updates, and win/loss ratios.
Who we’re looking for:
- A creative, collaborative, high-confidence, low-ego, ethical problem-solver who thrives in a deadline-driven, multi-faceted environment
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years’ experience in K-12 education technology / publishing
- 6+ years’ professional experience, including at least 3 years in personnel management
- Strong project management, supervisory, and decision-making skills
- The ability to set direction, establish a formal process for workflow, make commitments, and then manage work in a consistent manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects concurrently, anticipate and solve problems, and develop creative solutions
- Ability to see the “big picture,” while managing details and timelines
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively across departments and business units with competing needs
- Effective management of cross-functional department teams
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Adobe Pro, SharePoint, and other standard business applications; Qvidian experience preferred
Two professional writing samples are required with application.
More about this role:
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.