Director, Assessment Design
We are looking for a Director, AssessmentDesign to fill a full-time position. The Director, Assessment Design responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- In coordination with Assessment leadership, design and execute strategic assessment design projects in support of high-quality, criterion-referenced, diagnostic assessments for use in large-scale and classroom assessment
- Use and apply Principled Assessment Design / Evidence-centered Design frameworks across the full spectrum of assessment development processes
- Coordinate across various teams (assessment, psychometrics, user design, product, instruction, communications, access/equity) to identify assessment design requirements required to support targeted diagnosis and effective instructional decision-making
- Near-term projects on which Director, Assessment would play critical role include but are not limited to:
- development of placement level descriptions for Reading and Math, K-12
- development of skill spine for Reading and Math, K-12
- redesign of item development specifications
- define and execute vision for access and equity from assessment design perspective
- define and execute vision of partnership with internal UX team to design item interface
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Successful candidates will demonstrate a record of achievement:
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience in assessment design
- Proven ability to execute assessment design projects in both the Reading and Math disciplines
- Experience designing, authoring, and editing computer-based and technology-enhanced items
- Expertise in various authoring tools and content management systems
- Multiple successful experiences managing item-writing vendors
- Multiple successful experiences working with nationally-recognized experts in relevant fields, including but not limited to: Assessment Design; Reading learning/assessment; Math learning/assessment; Accessibility
- A passion for contemporary assessment design and a deep a commitment to k-12 students, teachers, and administrators.
- Constant curiosity, and a commitment to learning and sharing knowledge.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.