Technical Solutions Engineer
Technical Solutions Engineer
We are seeking an elite technical professional to join Curriculum Associates' award-winning Technical Solutions team. The ideal candidate will possess extensive networking skills, a willingness to learn new technologies, and be able to effectively work as part of a multi-functional group in a collaborative environment.
The impact you'll have:
- Provide solid technical assistance including networking, firewall, and security troubleshooting with customers
- Troubleshoot application defects and escalate technical or application issues to the Development team
- Support the Sales, Professional Development, and Account Management teams with educators’ technical needs
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of software or network technical support experience
- Strong background in Local Area Network technologies (ability to troubleshoot LAN switches, firewalls, content filters, etc.)
- Strong background in Wireless Local Area Network technologies (ability to troubleshoot WLAN Access Points, wireless connection standards, connection issues, wireless client issues, RF environmental issues, etc.)
- Working knowledge of tools such as Fluke, Fiddler, Developer Tools, and WireShark
- Familiarity with a range of operating systems including Windows,iOS, Mac OS and ChromeOS
- Working knowledge of MySQL or experience working with a database
- Working knowledge of Splunk is a plus
- Ability to lead and collaborate with multiple groups to bring issues to resolution in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Excellent analysis and problem solving capability and ability to develop creative solutions
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented, with ability to learn new skills quickly
- Strong customer management and customer follow up skills
- Ability to travel onsite as needed to provide hands-on network diagnostics to our educators
- Certifications, though not required, are a plus!
- Comptia A, Comptia Network +, Comptia Security +, Cisco CCENT, Cisco CCNA
- Manufacturer-related certifications: Juniper, Meraki, Palo Alto, Sonicwall, Google
Location: Currently, all employees at Curriculum Associates are working remotely due to Covid-19. This being said, we are looking for candidates who can report out of our Tucson, AZ or North Billerica, MA office once it is safe to do so. We are also open to remote candidates should they be a good fit for the role.
Up to 10% domestic travel possible, with the ability to travel on minimal notice
Commensurate with experience; excellent benefits
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.