IT Development Manager, Custom Applications & Integrations
IT Development Manager – Custom Applications and Integrations
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates, LLC is a privately owned, socially responsible, rapidly growing educational company located northwest of Boston, MA. Curriculum Associates seeks a highly-qualified hands-on IT Development Manager with experience supporting fast paced business organizations. This position will be responsible for managing our custom web applications & integration development team. The candidate will be highly experienced development manager providing technical expertise throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The candidate must possess the ability to work as a team member, leader, or individually to complete tasks thoroughly and accurately with minimal supervision. The candidate must possess strong functional and technical skills, project management skills, troubleshooting skills, as well as verbal and written communications skills. This person should be a highly-motivated self-starter who likes working and staying current with the latest technologies and takes ownership of both projects and day-to-day responsibilities. Our organization is currently in a transformational phase due to our growth and changing industry; therefore, candidates with experience guiding organizations through this process are highly desired.
Why join this team:
You’ll have both hands-on and strategic involvement in scaling our web applications and integrations to meet the demands of a fast growing, collaborative, and dynamic organization.
The impact you’ll have:
- Oversee development initiatives and serve as an escalation point for development team.
- Responsible for leading, managing and mentoring a dedicated team of development professionals.
- Assist project managers by identifying project milestones, tasks, dependencies, resources, estimates, issues, risks and providing regular project status reports.
- Implement best practices/standards across the full application lifecycle (i.e., design, development, change control, UAT, deployment and support).
- Research, recommend and implement upgrades to technical stack and platform (.NET Framework, IIS, SQL Server, etc.) in collaboration with the IT Infrastructure team.
- Provide hands-on development assistance where necessary.
- Responsible for release management (migration, refreshes, version control and deployment).
- Provide assistance with end-user application/integration support (troubleshooting errors, managing support tickets, and testing solutions); serve as an escalation point for support issues.
- Collaborate with the IT Infrastructure team to build out integrated development and sandbox environments, upgrade databases, etc.
- Collaborate with QA resources to build testing plans, scenarios, scripts, and data to support QA efforts; actively participates in unit, system, and user acceptance testing.
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 years’ experience architecting and developing ASP.NET/C# web applications using traditional n-tier architecture.
- Minimal 2 to 3 years’ experience as a development manager in a fast-paced environment.
- 6+ years of SQL Server development experience, including SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), T-SQL, stored procedures, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of the ASP.NET web framework including the Web Forms and MVC frameworks.
- Experience building and integrating web services (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML).
- Extensive knowledge of ETL methodologies, strategies, and tools.
- Expert-level understanding of integration platforms, protocols, standards, languages, and formats (e.g. iPaaS, SSIS, SFTP, SOAP, REST, JSON, XML, etc.).
- Strong understanding of web application architecture, security, scalability, load balancing, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Experience implementing version control with GitHub or equivalent.
- Strong programming skills utilizing best practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as robust presentation and facilitation skills.
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- A role-related Microsoft certification is strongly desired.
- Experience with iPaaS integration tools is highly desired.
- Experience with tier-1 applications such as Salesforce.com and Workday.
- Functional knowledge of ERP core business processes (e.g., order management, distribution/fulfillment, invoicing, customers, procurement, inventory, CRM, HR, financial reporting, etc.) preferably in the Education technology industry.
- Experience with ERP and/or CRM implementations in a highly integrated environment including Warehouse Management Systems.
Location: Currently, our team members are working remotely in compliance with COVID-19 safety restrictions. When restrictions lift, this role reports to our Concord Road, Billerica office. We offer round-trip shuttle service from Back Bay, Kenmore, Union Square, and Alewife MBTA stations.
Perks: Remote flexibility is an option 2 days per week as on-site needs permit.
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.