Cash Applications Specialist
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Founded in 1969, Curriculum Associates is a leading educational technology and publishing company with a mission to make classrooms better places for students and teachers. As a company, we have both a responsibility and the opportunity to reduce the effects of systemic racism for the students, educators, and educational communities we serve and for our team members. We are committed to ensuring CA is a champion of antiracist ideals in our service to schools, in our products, and in our company culture. Our research-based, award-winning print and digital instruction and assessment products provide educators with the tools necessary to personalize learning for every student and help all students become college and career-ready.
Cash Applications Specialist
Reporting to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor the Cash Application Specialist performs daily activities related to handling and processing cash receipts to ensure prompt and accurate recording of payments to customer accounts. The position requires strong attention to detail and the ability to resolve accounts receivable issues in a fast-paced environment. This position will work closely with our Billing, Collections, Treasury and Customer Service teams.
The impact you’ll have:
- High volume daily processing of customer payments, including payments made by credit card, lockbox, ACH/Wire and posting to customer accounts.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies, misapplied, unapplied or missing payments and determine proper application. Escalate issues to rectify, as appropriate.
- Provide quality, professional customer service to all internal and external customers
- Process client payments via credit card
- Research customer duplicate payments and request refunds when applicable
- Monitor shared email box to respond to all inquiries or request in a timely fashion
Who we’re looking for:
- Minimum 2 years of experience with high-volume Cash Applications, AR, Credit, or similar role
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- Strict attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- High school diploma or equivalent
We’d also love to see, but not required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Workday ERP experience
Location: This team uses CA’s Flexible Work Approach, which enables employees on office-based teams to work in-office 3 days/week and remotely 2 days/week. For employees who don’t have the space or the desire to work remotely 2 days per week, CA also offers a 4+ days/week in-office option.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.