At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren't sure you meet every qualification, please apply!
Come develop new interactive products that engage students and drive learning gains. Join an innovative team, collaborating with content experts, designers, and engineers to synthesize pedagogical needs and technological approaches into actionable product requirements. You’ll lead the development of new technologies, maximizing efficiencies and effectiveness in order to ultimately yield compelling experiences for students.
Why join this team:
Technical Producers play a central role in every stage of product development. They forge connections and facilitate collaboration across departments because they know the best way to create a great learning solution is to bring together diverse voices and continuously iterate. If you are interested in creative collaboration, problem solving and impacting students, then our team is the place for you.
The impact you’ll have:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Project Managers, Engineers, Quality Engineers, and Designers during different parts of the product development workflow
- Consolidate asks and ideas into clear specifications with the goal of creating flexible and innovative interactive activities that balance pedagogical needs and engagement
- Serve as product owner: define product requirements, draft stories, and manage backlog and product feature decisions, keeping an eye on the latest trends and innovations
- Create and maintain technical documentation and continuously improve documentation processes
- Become an expert on our existing technology and specifications, system capabilities and restrictions, and global product rules
- Collaborate closely with Project Manager / Agile Lead and actively participate in Agile ceremonies
- Understand scope and priorities across multiple active projects and apply that knowledge to day-to-day work
- Determine and implement process improvements for consistency and efficiency throughout the product development life cycle
Who we’re looking for:
- 3+ years’ experience with developing interactive products
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. You will be regularly collaborating with other team members and stakeholders
- Proven project management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a self-directed way
- Strong interpersonal skills and evidence of effective relationship management
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Working knowledge of language arts or mathematics curriculum for Grades K–8
- Passion for inclusive design and understanding of digital accessibility requirements
- Gaming, kids’ entertainment, or education sector experience
- Spanish proficiency a plus
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.