The Editorial Assistant will have an exciting opportunity to work collaboratively with the cross-functional i-Ready ELA team to develop digital English Language Arts lessons in grades K–8. The digital team is responsible for developing impactful and engaging experiences that develop students’ reading skills.
The impact you’ll have:
- Conducting research to inform instructional approach; summarizing and organizing academic articles and educational websites
- Support development of new reading passages that hook students and motivate them to read by helping to create assignments for writers, participating in brainstorming sessions and topic pitches, reviewing drafts and sharing feedback
- With supervision, writing or revising portions of manuscript according to guidelines and company standards of quality
- Conduct sensitivity reviews for already-launched lessons using new bias and sensitivity guidelines and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Providing scope and sequence support to ensure students are receiving optimal sequence of instruction, including managing order of lessons, lesson titles, objectives and standards
- Providing writing guidelines support by collecting and synthesizing guidelines from other i-Ready and Ready programs to ensure relevant connections and alignment
- Gather knowledge and best practices from current and past CA projects to inform new project, including gathering resources on how to teach and assess various standards across CA print and digital product and organizing resources in a centralized location that can be accessed by all teams.
- Monitoring customer feedback on what can be improved instructionally in our online lessons
- Preparing for and attending student testing sessions that are used to determine effectiveness and engagement of the lessons we are developing
- Supporting with advisor outreach by gathering team questions for advisors, synthesize findings from advisor calls, setting up charts to evaluate feedback and response
- Communication with writers and editors to ensure projects move according to plan (e.g., check-ins on progress, due dates, blockers)
- Tracking critical quality information by setting up, maintaining, and sharing out internal editorial files that support projects (e.g., assignment trackers, diversity tracking, text-type tracking, variety of activities tracking, tagging items in practice and quiz, order of items in practice and quiz)
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s and or Master’s degree in English, Writing, Literacy, and/or Education ideal, but not mandatory
- An understanding of digital content development and how to impact student engagement and learning
- Deep pedagogical knowledge of a variety of ELA reading domains
- An understanding of effective teaching strategies that accommodate diverse learners (e.g., English Learners, students working below grade level, students with learning differences)
- Familiarity with the agile software development cycle
- Professional writing, editing, and copyediting skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage relationships among multiple stakeholders across the company
- Superior writing, editing, time management, and organizational skills.
- Openness to feedback and professional growth
- Familiarity and/or comfort working with content management systems and online authoring tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining agreed upon schedules and deliverables
Preferred software skills:
- Microsoft Office Suite
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.