At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
As Server Engineer at Curriculum Associates, you will be responsible for developing robust and highly scalable software applications using Java/J2EE and database technologies. Under the guidance of the Learning Games Platform team and allies, you'll be leveraging existing services, components, and modules to build a new system for creating rigorous and engaging cross-platform learning activities.
The Impact you will have:
- Design and develop new features to add to our award-winning education software service that serves millions of students and their educators in US Schools.
- Work closely with engineers and product owners on an agile team to understand and refine requirements and deliver technical design and software solutions.
- Develop automated unit tests and integration tests to accompany all application code authored by you, to ensure quality and catch regressions.
- Review design and code developed by your team members and will seek code reviews for your contributions to design and code.
- Troubleshoot and solve challenging application and infrastructure problems independently or in collaboration with other technical members of the team.
- Upgrade existing frameworks, libraries, and tools in our ecosystem to improve the performance, security, and maintainability of the platform.
- Perform multidisciplinary software application tasks supporting application development, database access, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with team members to build and release features for software applications using CI tools like Git, Jenkins and Maven.
Who we’re looking for:
- You are passionate about producing clean, maintainable, robust, well-tested code.
- You enjoy solving complex problems in efficient and creative ways.
- You are committed to team success.
- Help us understand why you think you’d be happy working on server code for learning games.
- You are passionate about producing clean, maintainable, robust, well-tested code and may have some experience with JUnit or TestNG.
- You have web application development experience using Java, Spring, Spring MVC, Hibernate or other comparable industry-leading open-source frameworks.
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.