Finance Business Analyst
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
As a Finance Business Analyst (BA) at Curriculum Associates (CA), you’ll provide the Finance Department with the support required to enable informed decisions, identify risks & opportunities, and achieve financial and strategic objectives through the administration and governance of data strategy and reporting.
The Finance BA manages all the data needs for CA’s finance organization, including data system design, data gathering, modeling, and reporting. Apply your technical data skills to drive strategy and improve company finance operations!
The impact you’ll have:
- Support and coordinate the enhancement of our chart of accounts project (COA). You’ll partner with business, accounting, FP&A, and IT teams to significantly enhance financial structure within Workday, partner with IT developer to deploy changes, and support roll-out to the business through trainings.
- Partner with the Finance Business Partner to work on the companywide dashboard enhancement project. You’ll work closely with Leadership team, BI team, and IT team to define the business requirements, explain the calculation to the technical team, validate the data accuracy, and deliver the project on time.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the key financial and operational metrics for each of CA’s business units. You’ll implement processes to review requirements and determine eligibility for standardization.
- Formalize standard methods in accessing and utilizing data and share across all business units; work with IT to ensure business has self-service access to system reports.
- Translate data requirements from finance and key partners to technical requirements and work with IT side by side to execute and deliver the results.
- Design, implement and own the logical data models within our systems, including procurement, HCM, Workday, ADP, and Concur. You’ll coordinate all data model reviews between Finance & Accounting, IT, and BI.
- Drive the automation strategy for the all the manual reporting/analytics within Finance
- Serve as the finance subject matter expert to assist in business system implementation and integrations.
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in math, economic, data science, finance, or similar quantitative field
- 1-3 years of work experience in business analysis, data analysis, data visualization
- Strong understanding of statistics and analytics principles
- Experience in finance domains and understand finance/business metrics
- Demonstrated analytical and project management skills, including thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into functional requirements
- Experience in finance domains like fixed assets, GAAP, accounts payable, accounts receivables, accruals, and invoicing required
- Experience in ERP, Workday strongly preferred
- Understanding of relational data models and data warehousing concepts
- Ongoing learner with ability and desire to learn and incorporate new and complex concepts quickly
- High attention to detail and ability to follow complicated directions
- Effective decision making, ownership, and accountability
- Able to handle ambiguity and favorably navigate through stressful situations and pressing deadlines
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Master’s degree in math, economic, data science, finance, or similar quantitative field
- Experience with leading BI tools such as DOMO
Location: This role will be performed remotely until we reopen our Billerica, MA office. This team uses CA’s Flexible Work Approach, which enables employees on office based teams to work in-office 2 days/week and remotely 3 days/week. For employees who don’t have the space or the desire to work remotely 3 days per week, CA also offers a 4+ days/week in-office option.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.