Senior Software Engineer - Big Data (Scala / Spark)
Take one of the most innovative educational technology brands to the next level by becoming part of our rapidly growing organization. We are seeking a highly qualified Senior Software Engineer with experience in Java/J2EE, ETL and real-time/batch streaming technologies. The role requires a proven track record of professional excellence and a high willingness to be the driving force behind developing great software to serve our customers. The Senior Software Engineer will work on the i-Ready engineering team and will be responsible for contributing to architecture, design, and development of ETLs, reports, real-time data processing and data preparation for various purposes on AWS cloud infrastructure within an Agile software development life cycle.
The impact you’ll have:
- Build scalable, efficient and high-performance pipelines/ workflows that are capable of processing large amounts of batch and real-time data.
- Build out our data service architecture to support internal and
customer facingapplication use cases.
- Multidisciplinary work supporting real-time streams, ETL pipelines, data warehouses and reporting services.
- Use Big Data technologies such as Kafka, Data lake on AWS S3, EMR, Spark, Presto, and related technologies to store, move, and query data.
- Partner with team members to build and release features using CI tools like Git, Jenkins, and Maven/SBT.
- Follow coding best practices – Unit testing, design/code reviews, code coverage, documentation etc.
- Performance analysis and capacity planning for every release.
- Work effectively as part of an agile team.
- Bring new and innovative solutions to the table to resolve challenging software issues as they may develop throughout the product lifecycle.
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years’ experience in designing and developing enterprise level software solutions.
- Strong programming skills; Scala and functional programming a plus.
- Strong experience with SQL and Relational databases.
- Experience working with the Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experience with large volume data processing and big data tools such as Apache Spark and Presto.
- Experience with Amazon cloud computing infrastructure (MySQL RDS, Dynamo dB, AWS pipelines, etc.).
- Knowledge in stream processing technologies such as the Confluent Platform and Spark Streaming.
- Familiarity with Hadoop and the big data ecosystem.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Engineering.
We’d also love to see:
- Knowledge in MemSQL DB.
- Familiarity with JSON-RPC.
- Educational domain background.
Location and More about us:
Curriculum Associates is a socially responsible, rapidly growing EdTech company located northwest of Boston, MA. Need a ride to our office in North Billerica? Our shuttle picks up from a number of Boston area "T" stops.
Want to explore more? Check us out on social media:
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.