What we’re looking for:
Curriculum Associates is seeking a high energy Events Manager to develop and execute a range of national and regional events. A key contributor to thought leadership, lead generation, and customer retention initiatives, this individual will develop strategy for company events ranging from national conferences to customer symposia, working closely with marketing and sales to integrate all efforts. A sleeves-rolled-up orientation, ability to work under pressure, and superb organizational skills are key to this demanding and diverse role. Someone who is well-written, organized, and detail oriented will thrive in this roll. Experience across email, web, and other digital tools to drive demand generation and build brand awareness is highly considered.
The impact you’ll have:
- This role provides a unique opportunity to tell our company story to the world, showcasing the value and products that make us
- Your attention to detail will shape our presence in the marketplace, from creative conference advertising to attendee gift bags – this role is a critical touch point in our customer experience.
In this role you will:
- Develop strategic plans for customer loyalty events including dinners/lunches, summits, symposia, lunch and learns, focus groups, and off-the-floor events and establish lead follow-up/nurturing plans to include webinars, emails, etc.
- Plan and manage national conferences (~20/year) and regional symposium events, (~50/year)
- Oversee event budgets and calendar
- Identify presentation opportunities and support product teams in submission of proposals
- Manage communications with internal stakeholders about event goals, agenda, support needs
- Handle third-party vendor negotiations
- Develop program agendas, working with company speakers, customers and authors.
- Manage outreach to drive attendance of in person and virtual events
- Work with product teams to recruit customers for panels and keynote speakers at symposia, conferences, and webinars.
- Support key industry partners, working closely with our Director to align event strategy and maintain relationships with target organizations.
- Research new conferences and make recommendations for attendance and sponsorship level
- Manage our Cvent tool from renegotiating contracts to building events
- This role will report to our Director of Events & Field Marketing and will directly manage three events and exhibits professionals
What we’re looking for:
- 5 plus years’ experience working in the event industry
- A creative problem solver with a high level of initiative
- Highly detail-oriented individual with superb organizational skills
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal
- Strong ability to multi-task, stellar project coordination skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally with product and sales teams
- Experience planning and executing 200+ person corporate events from beginning to end
- Experience managing communications with high profile experts, working with them to execute effective speaking engagements
- Experience managing a team
- Experience with Cvent event planning tools is highly preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- This is a full-time position based in our Billerica, MA headquarters. Travel up to 25% of the time, as needed
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.