Professional Development Manager - Gulfport, MS
Curriculum Associates is seeking a Professional Development Manager with a background in teaching, coaching teachers, delivering professional development and training, analyzing data, and working with district leaders to join our company. The Professional Development Manager is a leader who is able to manage full-time and cadre PD teams who deliver training on Curriculum Associates print, blended, and digital programs, for pre-sale pilots and post-sale training. This manager will ensure successful professional development and growth of team members by continually providing feedback from sales and service teams, customers, metrics from surveys, and evaluative commentary from observations and formal performance reviews.
The Professional Development Manager understands the team, their individual skills, and what goes into effective training, and is able to coach and mentor to performance goals. The Professional Development Manager will work closely with schedulers and all managers to ensure the timely scheduling of events and to maintain the right balance of content experts throughout the markets. The Professional Development Manager will help to identify and understand key opportunities to upsell products and professional development as related to the content of the delivered sessions, and will work with field sales teams in assigned markets to create and implement strategies, including pilots to support these opportunities. Working closely with the sales team and other Curriculum Associates professionals, the Professional Development Manager will also be responsible for providing product training, ongoing in-classroom support, data analysis, daily project management, and communication with district leaders.
The impact you'll have:
- Optimize utilization of full-time and cadre resources, ensuring that resources are allocated to events that are consistent with their skill sets and the team is prepared to meet customer demand.
- Become an expert on the company’s online diagnostic and instruction program and Common Core products.
- Design a plan to manage delivery of all events within assign markets, communicating both with customers and sales teams.
- Lead planning and strategy discussions with sales teams and customers to prepare Professional Development teams for success.
- Assist in troubleshooting scheduling conflicts and challenges while committing resources in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Identify, communicate and prioritize training needs to the Director and help to manage a training plan that will effectively maintain the correct level of expertise in assigned markets, ensuring flexibility for sales campaigns, program priorities, and trends within assigned markets.
- Design effective transition and communication models between sales teams, customers, and trainers ensuring the Professional Development team is well prepared to deliver the training events and communicate follow-up issues and concerns to sales and management teams.
- 10+ years of management experience in a fast-paced sales and training environment
- BA or BS, Master’s Degree highly preferred
- Proven organizational skills, high attention to detail, and superior time management
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- World class training skills, including exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Strong coaching skills, including the ability to mentor new trainers
- Broad knowledge of Curriculum Associates products and platforms supported by CA and how they are used education environments
- Strong technology skills including whiteboard, Word, PDF, Excel, PowerPoint, or Pages, Numbers, and Keynote
- Demonstrated and proven customer satisfaction success strategies
- Travel including overnight travel required; requests are sometimes made with short notice. Up to 50% required.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 10-20 lbs.
- Collaborate with other departments including sales, services, and operations to escalate and address customer satisfaction issues in order to ensure customer success.
Want to explore more? Check us out on social media:
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.