Event Operations Coordinator
Event Operations Coordinator
At Curriculum Associate, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is seeking a high energy Event Operations Associate to support and execute a range of national and regional events. This individual will work closely with the Events and Field Marketing teams to support the overall events strategy for company events ranging from regional conferences to customer symposia. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment, and has both a creative flair and analytical skills. Applicants should be comfortable taking initiative, rolling up their sleeves, and working under pressure to execute deadlines. Someone who is well-written, organized, and detail oriented will thrive in this role. Experience across email, web, and other digital tools to drive demand generation and build brand awareness is highly considered.
The impact you’ll have:
- Create and maintain systems for managing and communicating the work of the team both within the team and across departmentally
- Project managing short and long-term initiatives with multiple stakeholders across departments
- Attend and implement strategic events and conferences as needed
- Organize, order, print, and ship materials from the home office to events across the country
- Create and deploy event-related communications, including but not limited to invitations, logistics emails, and thank-you notes
- Support the creation of event-specific websites and applications
- Back-end management of Cvent and CrowdCompass
- Work with client presenters to organize needs for events
- Gather material needs and place orders for events
- Gather and organize post-event data
- Event budgeting and financial reporting (specifically expense reports and settling department credit card at the end of each month)
Who we’re looking for:
- A creative problem solver with a high level of initiative
- Works well under pressure, able to multi-task with strong organizational skills
- Confident and assertive with an ability to effectively influence others
- High degree of professionalism – an excellent written and verbal communicator
- Strong level of intensity and commitment to providing a high level of customer service
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Product and Sales teams
- Ability to carry and lift boxes and withstand the demands of being on your feet at events
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with Cvent and other project management tools is also helpful
- Prior work experience within fast-paced, unstructured, and frequently changing environment is highly desired
- An interest in hospitality is appreciated
Location: Currently, Curriculum Associates employees are working remotely due to Covid-19. Once it is safe to go back into the office, team members will return to our offices with the CA Flex Work Approach where you can choose to work 2 days/week in office or 4+ days/week in office. For this position, we are looking for someone in the Boston area to work out of our office in Billerica, MA. Occasional night, weekend, and business travel will be required.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K. Ability to keep travel points earned during work travel.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.