Curriculum Associates hires people, not positions. If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking, making our products better for the 8 million students we serve. Above all, we’re looking for the right person to grow with us.
Reporting up through the Operations team, this position’s responsibility is to manage the development of curriculum products, working closely with the content, design, and development teams as well as vendors and key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of educational publishing, product development life cycles, experience coordinating internal teams, freelancers, and vendors, and a working knowledge of how to develop and deliver digital and print products. The Project Manager will help determine and define project scope and objectives and ensure project schedules and budgets are adhered to.
The impact you’ll have:
- You will develop and manage a detailed, end-to-end project schedule and continually track real vs. anticipated progress
- You will help determine resources needed to reach objectives and manage internal, contract, and vendor resources in an effective and efficient manner, maintaining reasonable workloads while meeting the needs of the project
- You will provide project status updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders, document key decisions, open issues, and risks
- You will prepare project budgets based on scope of work and resource requirements and regularly track projected and actual project costs
- You will manage contracts with vendors and independent contractors by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- You will document all project specifications as they evolve through the project life span
- You will be responsible for project delivery that is on time, in scope, and in alignment with the budget, escalating issues and potential solutions with these constraints to leadership as they arise
- You will monitor project progress and measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
Who we’re looking for:
- Experience in educational product development and a passion for Project Management
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Comfort managing the thousands of details of a program while also keeping the long view
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- The ability to:
- Foster and maintain a collaborative team dynamic with a wide range of people and styles
- Solve problems creatively
- Plan and organize
- Communicate clearly, both by speaking directly and writing concisely
- Negotiate and manage conflict
- Learn quickly and adapt to new/changing priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and a demonstrated record of previous achievement
What we’d also love to see:
- Proven experience delivering successful complex K-12 curriculum programs
- Experience with both print and digital curriculum materials
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
Location: This position is remote with East Coast business hours (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern Time).
Currently, Curriculum Associates employees are working remotely due to Covid-19. Once it is safe to go back into the office, this role will have the option of remaining remote or being based in one of our offices (North Billerica, MA; Billerica, MA; Brooklyn, NY).
Compensation & Benefits: Equitable salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.