Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition
Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe that a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Our Talent Acquisition team is integral to CA’s overall success and continued growth. Our recruiters are true partners to the business tasked to find top talent who will thrive in our mission oriented, fast paced, and results oriented culture. Our team is deeply committed to supporting CA’s rapid growth, our anti-racism hiring commitments and to creating a positive candidate experience.
As our company growth continues, we are seeking an experienced, strategic, and analytical Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition reporting to the Associate Vice President, Talent Acquisition & DEI Programs to join our growing People and Culture team. In this new role, you will partner with Senior Talent Specialists (currently 5 on the team and growing) to design, build and execute on recruiting plans in Engineering, Product, Finance, Marketing, Sales and beyond. You will drive adoption of best practices and build efficiencies with an eye towards scale. If you enjoy recruiting and are looking for a function to scale, this is the role for you!
The impact you’ll have:
- Strategy & Team Management
- Lead and manage the day-to-day operations for Senior Talent Specialists function
- Ongoing evaluation of existing hiring systems and processes to be assessed and adjusted to allow for support of our agile work environment and locations
- Liaise with cross-functional leads on a weekly basis to monitor progress against open positions and ensure recruiter efficacy
- Track metrics and leverage data to drive team performance and improve overall Senior Talent Specialist efficiency
- Manage a portfolio of four to five searches of your own ranging in level and complexity across CA and overseeing all stages of the search process
- Contribute to cross-functional projects and program development
- Develop and lead training sessions for the Talent team and other cross-functional groups
- Lead a biweekly team meeting in partnership with the Manager, Talent Acquisition
- Sustain an inclusive team culture where team members from all backgrounds can thrive
- Applicant Tracking System
- Lead implementation for Workday by training Talent team and supporting hiring manager trainings
- Own integration between current Jobvite (current ATS) and Workday (new ATS)
- Play Subject Matter Expert role for Workday Hire, when implemented
- Other Talent Work
- Provide leadership and coaching in a fast paced, team-based environment while being extremely adaptable and flexible.
- Work closely with Employment Counsel and HR teams to ensure legal hiring practices are being implemented
- Own background check decisional process in close partnership with HR
- New and Ongoing Projects
- Move Senior Talent Specialist function to fully own all aspects of candidate screening in the early stages of the search, reduce current hiring manager time commitment
- Play a lead role in Workday implementation
- Act as a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion consultant to hiring managers and Senior Talent Specialists by calibrating on candidate profiles as aligned to role requirements, ensuring that each stage of the search process is equity centered
- Identify, disrupt, and address potential unconscious bias at all stages of the search process with professional judgement, nuance and grace
- Move team towards using core competency models to accurately assess candidates through behavioral based interviewing
- Proven leader who cares deeply about diversity, equity, and inclusion and its application to talent acquisition
- 5+ years of recruiting management experience in a corporate and/ or agency recruiting environment
- 8+ years of strategic recruiting experience at all organizational levels managing a combination of people, processes, and complex projects
- Knowledge of employment laws that impact hiring practices.
- Prior experience leading an Applicant Tracking System implementation and/or trainings
- Strong sales and process orientation needed; with knowledge of how systems, tools, and technology can enhance talent acquisition
- Efficiently function in a dynamic, fast pasted environment that is ambiguous and in a state of change due to company growth and technological advancement
- Executive level written, oral and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with project teams and C suite; Switch seamlessly between people and project manager throughout the day
- Previous experience working in complex businesses that demonstrates an understanding of how to effectively manage/balance cultural and organizational dynamic nuances
- Highest level of integrity and ability to keep information confidential
- Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities
Location: We are accepting applicants from across the US for this position. Currently, all Curriculum Associates employees are working remotely due to Covid-19.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.