Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. We are seeking talented individuals with strong data and analytical skills to join our growing Research and Psychometric team. In this role, you’ll participate in a broad range of projects related to Curriculum Associates’ suite of assessment and instruction products.
The Data Analyst will work on pulling together complex datasets, building data infrastructure, and conducting basic frequency and descriptive analyses for research and psychometric projects. This position is largely quantitative and will require advanced SQL, SAS and/or R programming and data management skills, particularly of large and complex datasets.
This opportunity is right for you if:
- You love spending your days bringing order to very large, messy, complex data structures,
- You are obsessed with data quality and data integrity.
- you are passionate about K-12 education and want to make a positive impact for students and teachers.
The impact you’ll have:
· You’ll use SQL to create datasets to be used for internal and external applied educational research and psychometric projects.
· Generate and maintain documentation of data variables and data sets via data dictionaries stored in central locations.
· Maintain and update code to query data and conduct analyses in a centralized location, such as a code repository or network drive.
· Conduct a range of basic data analysis and reporting projects, as well as assist with high level data analysis for applied education research and psychometric projects.
· Contribute to quality control processes to ensure accuracy of data sets and analyses for applied educational research and psychometric projects.
Who we’re looking for:
· Comfortable independently writing complex and efficient SQL queries and joining multiple tables within a large relational database.
· Curiosity and initiative to learn new technologies and skills, and to procure information using available resources.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ideally with experience communicating complex technical topics to lay audiences.
· Proven ability to manage multiple complex projects while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
· Ability to work in a self-directed way.
· Ability to use critical thinking skills to identify issues with data accuracy and data integrity.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities as needs shift or critical customer issues arise.
· A degree in mathematics, information systems, data analytics, education, social sciences or related areas. A Master’s degree is preferred.
· Experience working with SAS, R, or similar coding language for manipulating data and conducting statistical analyses.
We’d also love to see, though not required:
· Familiarity with the field of education, especially the current national K-12 curriculum and assessment landscape.
· Knowledge of research design, matching algorithms, and statistical analysis.
· Knowledge of educational measurement principles, including familiarity with psychometric concepts such as measurement error, validity, and reliability estimation and IRT.
· 1 - 3 years of experience in a similar role.
Why join this team:
· Exciting opportunities for growth and learning in our rapidly expanding team.
· We are a close-knit group and strive to maintain a supportive, collaborative, welcoming, and fun working environment.
· Opportunities to improve the lives of students and teachers through data-driven decision making around assessment and instruction.
More about this role:
Location: Curriculum Associates is a socially responsible, rapidly growing educational company headquartered northwest of Boston, MA. This is a remote position which will work collaboratively with a team of other researchers, most of whom are also working remotely.
Starting date: ASAP
Travel expectations: Less than 10% of total time. Travel for this position will likely include one semi-annual team meeting, one semi-annual technical advisory committee meeting, and travel to national conferences when proposals have been accepted.
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
A cover letter is required for consideration.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.