Director, Assessment Implementation
Director, Assessment Implementation
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is seeking a Director of Assessment Implementation to join our Educator Insights team! This individual will be focused on bringing technical insights to assessment and measurement professionals at the state and district levels. This expert will share how our programs meet states’ and districts’ assessment needs through the creation of educator-focused guidance that is tailored to the unique needs of states and districts.
The role reports to our Senior Director of Research and Assessment Markets and works cross-functionally with our Assessment, Psychometric, Research, Product Development, Sales, Government Relations, Marketing, Educator Success, and Account Management teams. In partnership with our Assessment and Psychometric teams, this leader will create content that ensures educators understand the unique value of our assessment programs.
The impact you’ll have:
- Establish collaborative, productive working relationships with the sales organization, assessment team, and product team to gain and in-depth understanding of how assessment products function.
- Act as an expert on the company’s products, the issues faced by assessment directors and classroom educators, and the latest educational assessment trends at the local, state, and federal level.
- Proactively develop relationships with top school district assessment and curriculum directors to determine their assessment needs and help them develop solutions.
- Deliver key presentations virtually or in person to educate individuals about our assessments and how they fit into a district’s overall assessment plan.
- Demonstrate effective and successful assessment consultation practices in working with district administrators on topics including how CA’s assessments can be used for RTI/MTSS, screening, benchmarking, instructional guidance, and accountability.
- Provide leadership and engagement in addressing account- or state-level issues; escalate issues as needed and serve as a resource in helping to resolve issues and communicate those resolutions.
- Be a role model during every interaction and communication, upholding CA’s values.
Who we’re looking for:
- Master’s degree in education or relevant field required
- Experience creating and socializing training materials for technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated effectiveness leading cross-functional teams and working with a broad range of stakeholders
- You’re ready to become an expert of our complex products and services
- You possess a strong understanding of assessment development or psychometrics and the communication of technical information to K-12 educators
- Expert-level understanding of education policy and assessments
- You are an excellent writer, communicator, story-teller, and presenter – especially with the creation and curation of technical content
- You work well with teammates and customers, and can build trusting partnerships
- You are a forever learner, possessing a curious, yet solutions-focused mindset
- You’re just as comfortable working independently as you are collaboratively
- You possess a strong attention to detail and ability to follow complicated directions as effectively as you follow ambiguity
- You are poised, calm under pressure, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are an expert-level organizer
- You possess excellent problem solving and analytical capability
- Proficient with Programs and Applications like Outlook, SalesForce.com, Microsoft Office Suite products
We’d also like to see:
- Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience with K-8 literacy assessment development, policy, and/or district implementation strategy is a plus, including in the areas of fluency assessment, RTI/MTSS screening and progress monitoring, dyslexia risk factor screening, and significant reading difficulties.
Location: This role can be done anywhere in the United States.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.