Senior Graphic Designer (Freelance - 6 to 9 Months)
Note: This is a 6 to 9 month freelance role. Candidates must submit samples or a portfolio to be considered.
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We are seeking a talented and collaborative Senior Designer to bring engaging and innovative design to our portfolio of math and language arts curriculum print products. The Designer will work collaboratively across teams to develop and produce compelling visual designs from concept through to completed product. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, and will have a passion for exploring and working to solve issues of inequity within education.
The impact you’ll have:
- Join a mission-driven organization focused on developing educational resources that support anti-racist beliefs
- Be an integral part of creating educational resources that are used by 8 million students across the country
- Develop products in collaboration with the educators we serve, as well as work with industry leaders and organizations to ensure culturally responsive resources
- Work with the Design Director, Language Arts and the broader CA Design Team to establish creative direction for new core and supplemental products (print and related digital resources)
- Collaborate with cross-functional Product Design team members, ensuring all designs serve larger program goals.
- Design components, features and layouts with a focus on Teacher and Student usability, never losing focus on the idea that engaged learners are better learners
- Create unique design solutions that promote a sense of fun and engagement with Language Arts content for all young learners
- A bachelor’s degree or a comparable level of experience
- Experience in educational or children's publishing and/or media preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in print design processes and production, including layout, page composition, image manipulation/preparation and careful attention to typography
- Experience developing and implementing a product-specific visual design plan, including directing illustrators, photo research, image preparation/manipulation and supervision of additional Designers and Design vendor partners as needed
- Experience in developing component covers and cover series a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to articulate art/design strategy to non-design stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work within a collaborative team-based development process
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and familiarity with Mac OS
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.