Senior Program Manager
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The Sr. Program Manager is responsible for executing the work on state-level/large district programs by leading cross-functional teams through completion of deliverables. This includes serving as a thought partner, a problem solver, a leader, and a team-player. This role is primarily a tactical, operationally focused role. Sr. Program Managers are expected to utilize industry and company best practices for managing the scope, schedule, and deliverables of program(s).
The impact you’ll have:
- Execute, document, track and report the status of deliverables, action items and decisions to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Create and maintain a program schedule in MS Project (or a comparable scheduling software) along with other PM documentation such as stakeholder analysis, communication plan, decision log, action tracker etc.
- Identify/Mitigate/Manage risks/issues on an ongoing basis.
- Produce weekly, monthly, and periodic internal and partner facing reports
- Conduct status meetings with both internal and external stakeholders, which includes creation of agendas, tracking of action items and identification of relevant topics for discussion
- Be the voice of the partner into the business, and the voice of the business out to the partner
- Advocate for the partner with internal teams regarding enhancement requests and contractual obligations
- Act as a key contributor to RFI/RFP responses
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key clients, decision makers, and thought leaders on your assigned program(s)
- Understand political challenges, CA partnerships and the education landscape in the states you support
- Demonstrate effective and successful working relationships with internal stakeholders to include sales, service, account management, professional development, custom reporting, psychometrics, and product development teams
- Ensure that financial planning, accounting, and financial processes are completed on time and accurately
Who we’re looking for:
- Strong listening and communication skills – both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal and customer centric skills – build trust and dependability
- Ongoing learner – able to learn and incorporate new and complex concepts quickly
- Results oriented – follow through to complete assignments and able to work independently
- Ability to “fish” for information through a variety of sources to find what’s needed
- High attention to detail and ability to follow complicated directions
- Effective decision making, ownership, and accountability
- Able to handle ambiguity and favorably navigate through stressful situations and pressing deadlines
- Demonstrate integrity, ethical standards, and a professional demeanor
- Strong organizational and time management skills along with the ability to multitask
- A self-starter, disciplined and competitive professional
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical capability
- Successful experience working directly with senior-leadership stakeholders both internally and externally
- Proficient with programs and applications including Outlook, SalesForce.com, Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint MS Project)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience successfully managing and delivering state level assessment programs
Not required, though we’d also love to see:
- MBA or MA in relevant field
- Expert level in Excel
- Familiarity with Curriculum Associate products and services
- Previous experience with interim assessment and/or curriculum products
- Experience working with digital assessment products
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.