Manager, Software Engineering
- Hands on direction of a software engineering team, in collaboration with product and vendor partners, for the delivery of student/teacher experiences
- Research, evaluate, help select, and implement technology frameworks and patterns
- Manage risk and prioritize engineering activity for a project or scrum team
- Develop associates and provide career and technical mentorship to a team of engineers (on-site and distributed)
- Deliver technical solutions to challenges and problems related to browser, device, and OS compatibility
- Stay current on trends and technology related to rich Internet applications, mobile, and UX
- Prior software engineering experience is essential for success this role
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a record of achievement:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Demonstrated competence in delivering high concurrency applications in an engineering leadership role
- 2+ years in an engineering leadership position
- Knowledge of software engineering patterns and tools for media queries, HTML5 offline app support, and others techniques to incorporate responsive design, graceful degradation, and disconnected durability
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience working in an Agile environment, including experience with Scrum
- Prior experience in education, educational publishing, or high concurrency digital applications
- Experience building apps for iOS, Android, or both
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.