Director of Sales, Mid-Atlantic
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Founded in 1969, Curriculum Associates is a leading educational technology and publishing company with a mission to make classrooms better places for students and teachers. As a company, we have both a responsibility and the opportunity to reduce the effects of systemic racism for the students, educators, and educational communities we serve and for our team members. We are committed to ensuring CA is a champion of antiracist ideals in our service to schools, in our products, and in our company culture. Our research-based, award-winning print and digital instruction and assessment products provide educators with the tools necessary to personalize learning for every student and help all students become college and career-ready.
We are seeking a Director of Sales with a proven track record to join our team. This position works closely with the Senior Vice President in the East/Central Region and is responsible for outside sales. The ideal candidate will be passionate about education and improving the lives of students and teachers. The ideal candidate will possess a skill set that will include coaching and mentoring field sales consultants to promote digital and print-based products within the Curriculum Associates portfolio.
The impact you’ll have:
- Meet regional growth expectations
- Becoming an expert on the company’s programs, the issues faced by teachers in the classroom and the latest educational trends at the local, state, and national levels
- Demonstrate effective personnel management, hire, train, coach, motivate, & manage assigned sales consultants
- Establish relationships with high-level school district leaders in targeted accounts
- Make key sales presentations
- Demonstrate effective and successful working relationships with internal stakeholders to include sales, service, finance, and product development teams
- Supervise & monitor development and implementation of sales plans & strategies to effectively utilize multiple resources
- Maintain budgeted expense/sales ratio
- Travel and communicate regularly with regional sales staff to plan, monitor, and appraise performance results
- Forecast regional sales and inventory needs regularly and accurately
- Communicate information such as product needs, market conditions, promotional activities, business opportunities, sales trends, and competition strategies/activities
Who we’re looking for:
- 5+ years successful sales or management experience within education market
- Experience in a SaaS- based sales environment
- Intermediate/advanced proficiency demonstrating digital/technology solutions
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite, web-based presentation tools, sales contact
management systems (SalesForce.com)
- Position involves overnight travel; minimum 50%
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.