Software Engineer – Platform
Use your development skills to help millions of kids learn! Our learning games team (http://i-readycentral.com/articles/learning-games/) creates award-winning games that help students master math and delight in intellectual challenge. We’re a tight-knit, passionate team often greeted by cheers and applause when we walk into classrooms.
We are seeking a highly motivated engineer who will own the backend of the learning games platform with the intention that they will grow into a leading role in the architecture and development of our backend systems.
Your work will help us process and interpret massive amounts of data, configure and personalize game design, generate reports for educators, and manage customer accounts.
- Design and implement new backend features in collaboration with multiple teams, including web and mobile games, data and reporting, and devops.
- Optimize solutions for stability, performance, and scale in order to support millions of students, hundreds of thousands concurrently.
- Maintain and extend our existing server stack (Scala, Mongo, Postgres).
What we’re looking for:
- 2-5 years of experience designing and implementing server-side solutions that perform at scale.
- Experience with or strong interest in learning Scala, MongoDB, Postgres.
- Bonus: Experience with big data solutions.
- Commitment to best practices - design/code reviews, documentation, unit/system testing.
- Enjoys solving complex problems in efficient and creative ways.
- Able to learn new technologies independently or collaboratively as needed.
- Engineering degree in computer science or related field is desirable.
- Desire to make an impact on kids’ lives through education.
Want to explore more? Check us out on social media:www.facebook.com/CurriculumAssociates
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.