Senior Software Engineer – Platform
Use your development skills to help millions of kids learn! Our learning games team (http://i-readycentral.com/articles/learning-games/) creates award-winning games that help students master math and delight in intellectual challenge. We’re a tight-knit, passionate team often greeted by cheers and applause when we walk into classrooms. We are seeking a highly motivated engineer who will lead the design, architecture, and development of our backend systems in collaboration with game, data, and
- Design and implement new back-end features in collaboration with multiple teams, including web and mobile games, data and reporting, and
- Optimize solutions for stability, performance, and scale in order to support millions of students, hundreds of thousands concurrently.
- Maintain and extend existing solutions across our server and web stack (Mongo, Postgres, Scala, AngularJS).
- Long-term: help us integrate our existing solution with the larger i-Ready infrastructure (Java, DynamoDB).
What we’re looking for:
- Strong Functional Programming skills, ideally in Scala or demonstrable expertise with Java 8+ functional language features or comparable server-side language.
- Experience with Play Framework and ReactiveMongo - desirable.
- Experience designing or implementing database solutions that perform at scale - Mongo or similar databases desirable; Postgres or other relational a plus.
- Experience with big data solutions.
- Experience with web technologies and at least one web framework - a plus.
- Commitment to best practices - design/code reviews, documentation, unit/system testing.
- Enjoys solving complex problems in efficient and creative ways.
- Able to work independently or collaboratively as needed.
- Engineering degree in computer science or related field - desirable.
Desireto make an impact on kids’ lives through education.
Want to explore more? Check us out on social media:www.facebook.com/CurriculumAssociates
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.