Analyst, Data Science
The Analyst, Data Science, will use data to support decision making and improve the experiences of teachers and students that use Curriculum Associates’ products. In this role, you will design, create and distribute interactive data visualizations, explore interesting business questions, and communicate important findings to key stakeholders.
Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent analytical skills, experience querying large datasets, and a passion for data visualization.
Impact you'll have:
You will be responsible for participating a broad range of projects and analyses related to Curriculum Associates’ suite of assessment and instruction products. Typical responsibilities include:
- Query and prepare analytical datasets from large relational, longitudinal, databases
- Create data visualizations that empower our business and guide decision making
- Build web-based visualization tools
- Conduct data analysis and summarize findings in response to internal requests
- Participate in the scoping, planning, and execution of complex research projects
- Create and maintain technical documentation for data pipelines, analytical applications, and data visualizations in tools like Confluence and GitHub
What we're looking for:
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a record of achievement. Additional qualifications include:
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, Economics or closely related discipline
- 1-3 years of professional experience, but exceptional candidates without formal work experience will be considered
- Experience working with large relational databases using SQL
- Ability to create interactive data visualizations using a framework such as R Shiny, D3, Plotly, or SAS
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Domo or Tableau is a plus
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of research design principles and experience with applied statistics in education or related field is a plus
Additionally, familiarity with the field of education, especially the current national K-12 curriculum and assessment landscape is a plus, as is knowledge of educational measurement principles, including familiarity with psychometric concepts including measurement error, validity, and reliability estimation and IRT.
Location and more about us:
Curriculum Associates is a socially responsible, rapidly growing educational company located northwest of Boston, MA. Need a ride to our office in North Billerica? Our shuttle picks up from a number of Boston area "T" stops.
Want to explore more? Check us out on social media:
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.