Vice President, Finance and Business Operations
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The Vice President, Finance and Business Operations will serve as a collaborative business partner in driving the strategy and execution of the business growth plan for Ellevation. Ellevation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Curriculum Associates, helps school districts transform their English Learner programs to ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
The VP, Finance and Business Operations reports to the Chief Financial Officer at CA and has a dual reporting structure to the CEO of Ellevation. This role provides dedicated Ellevation support on business, financial and operational (business intelligence and sales operations) needs. The VP, Finance and Business Operations partners and works closely with the Ellevation leadership team to drive growth and profitability.
Impact you’ll have:
- Build the Ellevation long-range plan, incorporating the impact of critical strategies and analytics-based insights to create a financial roadmap that meets strategic objectives and delivers total shareholder return.
- Lead the development of the annual budget for Ellevation, partnering with key leaders and business stakeholders to consolidate the financial plan, identify risks/opportunities and scenario planning, and communicate to key stakeholders. Manage working capital needs.
- Evaluate ROI for investments and help assess key business decisions for Ellevation. Identify and monitor key performance indicators & business drivers. Proactively partner and communicate with key stakeholders, including leaders of the Revenue, Support, R&D, and People Ops organizations, to ensure the best possible decision making throughout the year.
- Serve as a thought leader in building efficiencies, continuous operational improvement, resource deployment, and identifying forward-looking opportunities to maximize productivity.
- Partners with CA Sales Operations, Business Operations, Legal, and Request for Proposals teams to provide ELL leaders with sales operations and business intelligence key insights to drive solid decision making.
- Serve as a steward of Ellevation and CA and ensure proper internal controls are in place.
- Support corporate development opportunities for Ellevation, as needed.
Who we’re looking for:
- Strong people leader with experience hiring, growing, developing, and leading diverse and high-performing teams of 4+ employees. Able to motivate others and create an inclusive culture. Experience managing managers.
- Strong interpersonal and business partnership skills – able to build trust and dependability. Has a long track record of building productive, collaborative, and supportive relationships with functional leaders across an organization.
- Strong focus on stewardship (and always do what’s right).
- A self-starter disciplined and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical capability, with solid financial and operational modeling skills.
- Ability to partner with leaders, influence others and communicate effectively with key stakeholders, management, and board members.
- 10+ years of financial experience
- Prior leadership experience in a SaaS company.
- MBA or CPA
- Experience in education and/or software/technology
- Familiarity with systems (especially Salesforce)
Travel: Ability to travel to Boston for leadership meetings and other business needs (likely one week per month) upon re-opening of a Boston office.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.