Director of Policy Development
Director of Policy Development
A thriving, mission-driven educational technology and service organization, Curriculum Associates produces and delivers award-winning curriculum, assessments, and professional services to thousands of K-8 School Districts and millions of teachers and students across the nation. We are seeking a Director of Policy Development to advance student achievement, innovation, and make classrooms a better place for teachers and students.
What you’ll do:
- Wake up every morning committed to policy analysis and how to create a proactive policy environment nationally and in key states.
- Manage key state lobbyists including providing direction, strategy, and leadership on how to achieve Curriculum Associates’ goals.
- Lead proactive policy initiatives as directed by the Associate VP of Policy and Executive Vice President.
- Manage national partnerships including National State Boards of Education, National Governor’s Association, and represent Curriculum Associates at other national conferences for intelligence gathering, brand awareness, and public relations.
- Work with multiple teams to convey your insights and action plans including marketing, product development, strategy, and sales.
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, including experience working with stakeholders, including all levels of policy makers, advocacy groups, and the public to impact the policy environment.
- Strong understanding of how states differ in their policy environments and how national trends impact state and local policies.
- Experience in proactive policy development with a proven track record of success.
- Keen political discernment of the shifting dynamics at a local, state, national level.
- Detail oriented with the ability to take bits of information to create a bigger policy agenda.
- You’re comfortable being part of a small, efficient team and interacting with multiple teams’ projects.
- You are a natural storyteller and communicate concisely and clearly in written communication and findings documentation.
- You’re comfortable presenting and confidently delivering insights to teams and stakeholders.
- You believe in building relationships and helping to cross-train team members from other disciplines to understand complex policy and how it impacts the company and classrooms.
- This full-time role is remote with frequent travel (50 percent).
- Prior K-12 education policy experience required.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.