At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person! #CareersAtCA
This is a general listing for qualified candidates in the U.S. As our team assesses our needs, we will reach out to you directly should a position open in your region. Please note that those hired for a Sales Representative position are expected to travel within their territory. Also note that you may not receive an update regarding your candidacy until we have an open opportunity that matches your location preference, skill set, and interest.
We are looking for Sales Representatives with a proven record of strong sales to join our team. Working closely with the Regional Sales Manager, the Sales Representative will be responsible for all aspects of outside sales. They will call on established and potential customers to secure sales, conduct sales presentations, training, and promote goodwill as key strategies to sell Curriculum Associates materials and services. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Impact you'll have:
- Calling on existing schools and school districts to discuss new products in conjunction with marketing campaigns and promotions
- Calling prospective new schools and school districts to introduce them to the company, gain an understanding of their needs, and determine the best product(s) to address their needs
- Becoming an expert on the company’s products, the issues faced by teachers in the classroom, and the latest trends within the designated territory
- Remaining current on educator challenges and trends in K-12 education by attending sales meetings, tradeshows and by reading trade journals
- Increasing sales and the average order size by cross-selling, up-selling, and add-on sales
- Regularly conducting web demonstrations of the company’s products
- Following-up on all leads in a timely manner
- Meeting or exceeding established monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Setting-up, maintaining and keeping accurate customer records within the CRM system
- Presenting a professional image at all times to customers and prospects
What we're looking for:
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a record of achievement:
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3-5 years of experience in educational sales
- Teaching experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
- Proven organizational skills, high attention to detail, and superior time management
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong presentation skills
- Command of technology applications including Outlook and CRM
- Willingness to travel
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, and employer contributed 401K.
Location: This is a general listing for qualified candidates in the U.S. As our team assesses our needs, we will reach out to you directly should a position open in your region.
Timing: Please note that you may not receive an update regarding your candidacy until we have an open opportunity that matches your location preference, skill set, and interest.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.