Copywriter – Temporary
Copywriter – Temporary
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The Copywriter is responsible for writing creative, compelling, and engaging copy for a variety of marketing collateral, including landing pages, blog articles, email, infographics, and video scripts. This role will support the successful execution of account-based marketing campaigns through the creation of highly targeted content to specific accounts and/or buyer personas.
This is a 2-3 month opportunity. After that timeframe, CA will reassess based on business needs.
Impact you’ll have:
- Write creative and compelling copy for marketing collateral such as landing pages, blog articles, email, infographics, and videos that will engage, persuade, and motivate educators
- Translate complex concepts and ideas into clear and digestible content.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and buyer personas through internal research, online research, and interviews with subject matter experts
- Craft highly targeted content that is derived from existing, longer-form content
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Participate in creative team brainstorming
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders like Sales, Product Marketing and Digital Marketing to ensure content is on-brand and consistent with company messaging
Note: The essential duties are intended to describe the general content and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific responsibilities and assignments will be provided by the incumbent’s leader.
Who we’re looking for:
- Excellent written and research skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- High attention to detail
- Strong creative thinking skills
- Willingness to incorporate stakeholder feedback
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Ongoing learner – able to learn and incorporate new and complex concepts quickly
- Able to work independently, with some direction and collaboratively, in a team environment
- Proficient with Programs and Applications like Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, PowerPoint), collaboration tools like SharePoint and content management systems like Sitecore
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- At least 2+ years of experience in a writing-based marketing role
- Experience in editing and/or proofreading
- Experience working for an educational technology/publishing company, B2B marketing organization, and/or experience as a K-12 classroom educator
- Familiarity with digital marketing tools and concepts, ie. Google Analytics, SEO best practices
**Please include two writing samples in your application.**
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.