Director, IT Program Management
We are seeking an experienced program management professional to lead IT initiatives for a rapidly growing education company committed to making classrooms better for teachers and students.
This highly visible role works closely with the Chief Information Officer and the IT leadership team. Collaborating with business leaders and stakeholders across the company, the Director is responsible for managing and enabling the IT’s projects, programs and structured work efforts for business system implementations and continuous improvements. The Director ensures the work of the PMO adds value, is relevant to the strategy of the organization, and meets the goals set for the PMO by executive management. Our organization is currently in a transformational phase due to our growth and changing industry; therefore, candidates with experience guiding organizations through this process are highly desired.
Why join this team:
Our PMO is a passionate group of servant leaders supporting high-performing teams. We are committed to quality, continuously learning and relentlessly improving. Our work directly impacts the company’s goals and mission. Want to make a difference? Join us!
The impact you’ll have:
- You will direct delivery of cross-functional IT initiatives, ERP, CRM, website development, warehouse management, corporate infrastructure, and other business system implementations in the areas of Finance, Sales/Sales Operations, HR, Marketing, Order Management, Supply Chain, Inventory and more…
- You will own and manage delivery plans, schedule, budget and scope
- You will define, manage and direct the needed end-to-end PMO work effort, which includes leveraging best practices and techniques in identifying, quantifying and tracking the realization of expected benefits defined in business cases
- You will set, drive and implement policy and process on all PMO workstreams, including intake of projects, prioritization, execution, reporting and communication
- Reporting to the Vice President, Program Management Office, you will lead the identification and development of PMO roles, team configuration and recruitment appropriate to deliver the agreed-upon PMO goals and objectives
- You will lead the identification and implementation of project management processes, methods, tools, guidelines and standards in order to establish a stable framework that supports all project teams and stakeholders to improve the probability of successful project delivery
- You will provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to PMO staff and project managers
- You will build and maintain relationships with senior leadership and key stakeholders, whose priorities are not always aligned
- You will regularly report out project statuses, lead steering committees, and manage project scorecards and dashboards
- You will coordinate and manage vendor and partner deliverables in support of IT initiatives
- You will regularly review and evaluate opportunities to improve the project management best practices in order to achieve higher maturity in PPM
Who we’re looking for:
- Fifteen or more years of experience in IT and business/industry
- Five to seven years of leadership responsibilities
- Experience leading successful tier-1 ERP and CRM implementations
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects that contain cross application / project dependencies.
- Ability to gain consensus across stakeholders whose priorities are not aligned
- Strong third-party management skills and experience (i.e., managing consulting firms, contractors, etc.)
- Experience with one or more project management methodologies (for example, PMI PMBOK and agile).
- Program management skills and experience, plus significant knowledge of project planning tools with evidence of practical application
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate vision, and inspire and motivate
- A distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic resource plan.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain IT concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the PMO staff.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- You will have project or program management certifications, ideally PMI-PMP or PMI-PgMP
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience with Salesforce, Workday, and other cloud application providers
- A background in business analysis methodologies and skills is desired
More about this role:
Location: Billerica, MA
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.