Senior Design Manager
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We are seeking a talented and collaborative Senior Design Manager to bring engaging and innovative design to our portfolio of mathematics curriculum print products. The Senior Design Manager will work collaboratively across teams to develop and produce compelling visual designs from concept through to completed product. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, and will have a passion for exploring and working to solve issues of inequity within education.
The impact you’ll have:
- Join a mission-driven organization focused on developing educational resources that support anti-racist beliefs
- Develop products in collaboration with the educators we serve, as well as work with industry leaders and organizations to ensure culturally responsive resources
- Work with the Design Director and the broader CA Design Team to establish creative direction for new core and supplemental products (print and related digital resources)
- Collaborate with cross-functional Product Design team members, ensuring all designs serve larger program goals
- Lead the visual design of components, features and layouts with a focus on teacher and student usability, never losing focus on the idea that engaged learners are better learners
- Create unique visual design solutions that promote a sense of fun and engagement with mathematics content for all young learners
What we're looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree or a comparable level of experience
- Experience in educational or children's publishing and/or media preferred
- 4-6 years of experience in print design processes and production, including layout, page composition, image manipulation/preparation and careful attention to typography
- Prior experience leading internal staff, freelancers and design vendor partners to deliver quality products
- Experience developing and implementing a product-specific visual design plan. Guiding design development from prototyping through production, while remaining true to the product guidelines established
- Ability to track against art and design budgets throughout development and problem solve to meet overall project goals
- Solid understanding of the problem-solving nature of the collaborative process. Ability to partner with editorial, production, manufacturing, marketing, sales, and all related roles in the product development process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to articulate art/design strategy to non-design stakeholders
- Experience establishing Design Best Practices, including the creation and implementation of style guides, templates, spec sheets, branding guidelines, process documentation, and streamlining of design and production workflows
- Prior experience managing simultaneous development of programs with multiple components
- Ability to move easily between big picture thinking and small project details
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and familiarity with Mac OS, SharePoint, and other collaboration tools
Location: Remote or Brooklyn, NYC or Billerica, MA
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.