Professional Development Specialist - Louisville, Kentucky
Professional Development Specialist - Louisville, Kentucky
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Are you an educator transitioning out of the classroom? This is an excellent opportunity to join a mission-driven company focused on creating equitable classrooms for students, and still be part of a school community! Curriculum Associates seeks a Professional Development Specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate has a background in teaching and/or coaching Mathematics or ELA, as well as experience leading professional development with school and district leaders.
Successful candidates will show flexibility and synergy with different team members including our Sales team, teachers, students, and school districts as part of day-to-day interactions. The Professional Development Specialist will be responsible for providing targeted professional development, ongoing in-classroom support, data analysis, daily project management, and communication with district and site leaders. Dynamic, engaging leaders who are interested in making a lasting and direct impact with the way schools teach Mathematics/ELA to students from grades K–8 are encouraged to apply.
Why join this team:
- Work with multiple stakeholders across large audiences.
- Attend educational conferences related to your role.
- Experience new environments and challenges on a day-to-day basis.
- Collaborate in a supportive environment filled with feedback loops, a strong virtual community, and shared best practices.
- Help districts choose and implement a product with lasting impact on learning.
The impact you'll have:
- Become an expert on the company’s online Diagnostic and Instruction program, Math product and Reading product.
- Support districts who select and implement a product with lasting impact on learning
- Work with multiple stakeholders across large audiences
- Support district-wide adoptions of the iReady programs and the i-Ready online diagnostic and instruction program
- Help to ensure equity in the classroom by delivering professional development to teachers, coaches and leaders on how to effectively implement i-Ready to impact classroom learning
- Meet teachers where they are and provide tailored on-site support to teachers, coaches and leaders. This may range from providing lesson planning and pacing support, to helping educators analyze data and apply it to instruction, to working with leaders to identify evidence of implementation successes and challenges
- Collaborate with district leaders and site leaders to develop and revise annual professional development plans and schedules
- Serve as a thought leader for Curriculum Associates, exemplifying the company’s mission-driven approach and commitment to creating better classrooms for students and teachers
- Stay current and attend company provided educational conferences related to your role, when scheduling permits, and participate in team-provided development
- Experience new environments and challenges on a day-to-day basis
- Collaborate in a supportive environment filled with feedback loops, a strong virtual community, and shared best practices
Who we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience in teaching, coaching teachers, or providing professional development
- Fluency using digital tools including online assessments, and a high level of comfort discussing and applying data with teachers and leaders
- An understanding of principles of adult learning and how to apply them to professional development
- Ability to manage, monitor, evaluate, and ensure integrity of program implementations
- Ability to provide high-quality classroom coaching to ensure teachers have the skills necessary to deliver CA solutions effectively
- Willingness to travel regularly within designated territory as well as outside territory to deliver professional development and attend company meetings several times throughout the year
- Candidates with a strong working knowledge of the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics/ELA, Grades K–8 (or comparable state standards), including both the content standards and the practice standards
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K, and company cell phone. Ability to keep all travel points for flights and hotels booked for work-related travel. Mileage reimbursement may be available for applicable travel.
Salary Range for this role: $60,750 - $99,750
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that Curriculum Associates considers in making compensation decisions based on our Compensation Philosophy. Actual base pay within that range will vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, prior experience and relevant skill sets. At Curriculum Associates, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances for each case.
Travel: Travel up to 90% is required and considered an essential function of the job for all educator-facing positions. Travel includes overnight stays at hotels and transportation via car, plane, and/or public transportation.
Location: This position is based in the Louisville, KY area and will be primarily supporting districts in the state of Kentucky. Additionally, a valid driver's license is required for this role.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Privacy Rights Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.