Senior Product Manager (Content Ecosystem)
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The successful Senior Product Manager will be a key member of the platform product management team and will work closely with the technology, design, editorial teams to evaluate and deliver content management solutions for internal users; developing a deep understanding of user needs, communicating product definition and prioritization, analyzing technology solutions, process improvements, working closely with engineering teams to deliver features, and acting upon user feedback to continuously improve the product. The senior product manager—who is a creative, collaborative problem solver—will thrive in our fast-growing and dedicated environment.
The impact you’ll have:
- Drive product design end-to-end, working with the product management, design, and development teams, as well as subject matter experts. This will include researching internal user needs, gathering requirements, scoping, and designing creative solutions, articulating, and prioritizing detailed feature definitions and analyzing commercial solutions as necessary.
- Collaborate with fellow product managers to ensure a cohesive product vision and roadmap
- Effectively present product plans, ideas, and designs to technical and non-technical stakeholders for feedback
- Collaborate with UX team to define new user interfaces and process flows
- Own prioritization of the product backlog, including translation of roadmap features into features, epics/user stories, preparing for the release or program increment (PI) planning
- Work with assigned engineering scrum teams to plan workflow, define user stories and acceptance criteria, and review test plans
- Monitor product usage and interact regularly with support teams and educators to analyze product feedback and build product knowledge
- Stay abreast of trends, key issues, competitors, and partner offerings
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of one year experience with content management systems
- Minimum of 5-7 years product management experience or product owner in an agile development environment; strong preference for experience with clients in a SaaS environment
- Proven ability to develop product ideas based on multiple quantitative and qualitative inputs and make decisions that solve user needs after consuming and analyzing the input from various sources
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate across stakeholders both technical and non-technical
- Terrific organizational, problem-solving and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced software development environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of EdTech industry is a plus
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.