Senior Interactive Designer
Are you a designer who is passionate about exciting and engaging young learners? Do you love thinking through complex challenges and finding creative solutions? Do you think in motion and approach UI with a UX mindset?
Curriculum Associates is looking for an inspired Senior Interactive Designer to help build accessible, intuitive, engaging learning experiences for our groundbreaking iReady Math products. Working closely with the Design Leads, Producers, Editors, and Developers, a Senior Interactive Designer at Curriculum Associates is a strong analytical and conceptual thinker who embraces opportunities to engage and delight K-8 users through meaningful, pedagogically sound interactive experiences.
Why join this team:
The iReady Math Design team is made up of highly skilled, passionate, empathetic designers who know the value of sound experience design for learning. You’ll work with and learn from some of the best designers in the business; you’ll be challenged and motivated on a daily basis, and you’ll never lack for laughter or compassion. As a part of a design team committed to education, you’ll have an impact that spans well beyond the screen.
The impact you’ll have:
· Drive the interface design, illustration and animation for Math lessons based on a larger product-wide creative vision, working alongside UX Designers and as a key member of a highly collaborative cross-functional team.
· Establish interactive strategies that adhere to best practice for accessible design.
· Create high-fidelity deliverables including detailed designs, illustrations, animated assets, and motion graphics that support interactions and content in pixel-perfect layouts.
· Develop effective documentation for varied audiences, and collaborate closely with Agile development teams to ensure proper implementation of design.
· Practice and encourage holistic approaches to UI and UX.
· Participate in concept development with editorial, design, and development teams.
· Use motion to breathe life into the screen
· Use iterative and collaborative design techniques to transform new concepts to products via a multitude of formats, including sketches, wires, animations, and clickable prototypes.
· Ensure all media is user-focused, highly engaging, accessible and relevant to students of various abilities and varied demographics such as gender, ethnicity, and age.
· Maintain, update, and improve existing products.
· Participate in the definition, planning and prioritization of user requirements; proactively identify and solve potential problems within assigned projects throughout the creative process.
· Create Style Guides, Templates and UX Pattern Libraries.
Who we’re looking for:
· 5+ years designing rich interactive and multi-media experiences, preferably for children.
· Familiarity with creating illustrations, motion graphics, and animations.
· A track record of creating innovative and thoughtful products that improve users’ experience.
· Strong knowledge of mobile and web interaction design.
· Highly detail-oriented and developed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
· Strong information design, typographic, and communication design skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work in motion (behaviors, transitions, animations).
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and a love for collaboration.
· Proven ability to work both as part of a product design and production team in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
· A passion for exploration and consumption of all forms of media, apps and interactive software and the vision to apply them to K-8 education.
· Proficient in Adobe CC, Sketch, and prototyping software such as Axure or Hype.
· Understanding of HTML5, iOS and other programming languages preferred.
· A proven understanding of evidence-based, user-centered design, and user engagement principles.
· A demonstrated record of previous achievement; Portfolio submission required to be considered.
We’d also love to see, though not required:
· Experience in K-8 curricula, preferably in Math.
North Billerica, MA or Brooklyn, NY
Starting date: ASAP
Travel expectations: Our team is split between North Billerica, MA and Brooklyn, NY. Designers are encouraged, although not required, to travel between these sites at least once a year.
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.