K-2 Senior Editor, ELA
K-2 Senior Editor, ELA
The K-2 Senior Editor is a critical member of the team responsible for conceptualizing and executing on new print or digital products for the Curriculum Associates ELA portfolio. The K-2 Senior Editor contributes to the writing and editing of content for a variety of components and is capable of coordinating an entire component of a larger program. A K-2 Senior Editor exhibits a deep understanding of foundations for literacy and attends to research-based literacy practices. Additionally, the K-2 Senior Editor has awareness of the competitive K-12 marketplace and educational trends, and the ability to apply this knowledge and awareness in developing assigned program components.
Impact you'll have:
• Participate in product conceptualization discussions.
• Maintain working knowledge of state, common core, and national standards, with a focus on those standards that are applicable to the assigned component and/or grade level.
• Assist in the development of foundational skills and comprehension scope and sequence (or other program frameworks). Apply topics and strategies from the program scope and sequence to the assigned components, ensuring coverage of standards.
• Work with the editorial team to help develop prototypes for new program components. As requested, collaborate with design to ensure that prototypes meet expected guidelines and forward the company’s mission.
• Collaborate and communicate with colleagues to assure consistency within programs and across product lines.
• Assist in writing program component specifications and guidelines.
• Stay attuned to contemporary educational research and market trends by attending conferences, reading academic publications, and participating in internal opportunities to develop pedagogical knowledge.
• Work with the editorial team to complete assigned program component(s), with minimal supervision. Attend to priorities, collaborate with internal and external resources, and solve problems independently and with colleagues to ensure that products are developed efficiently and within schedule and budget while creating the best quality possible within the parameters.
• Understand and follow workflow and adhere to schedules and end dates.
• Work with the product development team to make necessary adjustment of workflows and schedules.
• As appropriate, communicate effectively with project stakeholders.
• Monitor schedules of assigned components and problem solves as necessary. As requested, attend and participate in the component status meetings.
• Maintain factual content and editorial quality in own work and review editorial team’s work, ensuring factual content and editorial quality through all phases of development.
• Assist in training writers and editors to accomplish content and market goals.
• Assist in the planning and preparation of content and instructional guidelines for assigned program components.
• Research, write, edit, and/or review content per program guidelines. Reconcile content per authors, consultants, and teacher reviewers.
Vendors; temps; freelancers
Minimum Education & Experience
Degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent, at least five years’ related publishing experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What we're looking for:
• Experience writing and editing student and teacher content for K-2 ELA.
• Knowledge of ELA pedagogical research and practices, particularly foundational skills.
• Demonstrated experience within the K-12 publishing industry.
• Expertise in MS Office and publishing software.
• Expertise in using the Internet efficiently for research.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret state guidelines and standards.
• Ability to create clear documents, such as specifications/writing guidelines, instructions, and procedures checklists.
• Ability to effectively present information to senior management and project teams.
• Experience in working collaboratively as a member/leader of cross-functional development teams.
• Track record in successfully completing editorial projects.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.