This role can be based in our Brooklyn, NY office or our headquarters in North Billerica, MA.
Are you a designer who loves thinking through complex challenges and finding creative solutions? Do you want to work at a mission-driven company who is making an impact on education across the country?
Curriculum Associates is looking for an inspired and passionate Interactive Designer to create engaging, thoughtful and easy-to-use learning experiences for our groundbreaking i-Ready products. The ideal candidate is a conceptual and critical thinker who can transform ideas into products and demonstrate strong technical and organizational skills.
An Interactive Designer will dive deeply into ELA content creation for Grades K-8 with a focus on user experience. As part of an iterative workflow, the role will include participating in user research sessions, creating storyboards and wireframes, prototyping, and creating user interface designs. The right person will thrive working iteratively alongside the Senior Interactive Designer, Curriculum Experts, Producers, Project Managers and Engineers to transform pedagogy and instructional materials into highly engaging and rewarding student experiences.
What you’ll do:
• Develop designs for instructional lessons as a member of a highly collaborative cross-functional team based on a larger product-wide creative vision and alongside the Senior Interactive Designer.
• Ensure that each experience is user-centered, highly engaging, clear and relevant to students at all levels and according to various demographics such as gender, ethnicity, culture and age.
• Use iterative sketches, storyboards/wireframes and prototypes to communicate and transform ideas into products.
• Create a range of low-fidelity and high-fidelity documentation–from sketches and digital comps to detailed wireframes and pixel-perfect layouts–to communicate to various audiences.
• Collaborate closely with agile development teams to ensure proper implementation of the designs.
• Maintain brand consistency and adhere to design guidelines.
• Assume responsibility for your task and schedule management which includes frequent communication with Project Managers and on-time delivery of assignments in a highly deadline-driven environment.
What we’re looking for:
• 2+ years designing rich interactive and multi-media experiences preferably for children
• Experience creating innovative and thoughtful products that engage and delight its users
• A proven understanding of best practices for user experience and user interface design
• Knowledge of mobile and web-based interactions
• Highly detail-oriented and strong organizational skills with a proven ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines in highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
• Strong communication design skills with an eye for information organization and hierarchy
• An enthusiasm for the exploration and consumption of all forms of media, apps and interactive software and the vision to apply them to K-8 education.
• Expert in Adobe CC (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch, and MS Office
• Basic understanding of HTML5, iOS and other programming languages preferred
• A record of previous achievement shown through the demonstration of a thoughtful design process. Portfolio submission required to be considered.
We’d also love to see:
• Experience designing for K-8 curriculum or children’s media
• Proficient in prototyping software (Sketch, Adobe XD, Hype, etc.)
Location: Brooklyn, NY or North Billerica, MA
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.