Sr. Manager, Social Media Strategy
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Sr. Manager, Social Media Strategy creates social media content tailored to our brand and marketing objectives. They define the strategy for how we use our social channels, creating guidelines for content sharing and monitoring carefully how content is consumed to optimize brand awareness and audience engagement. Their team will be responsible for planning and executing a social content calendar as well as creating “on the fly” posts to support a vibrant social community. They will monitor social networks for general sentiment and provide timely response as needed. They will analyze performance and stay on top of trends to keep our content relevant and connected to our audience. Must have a strong command of voice: translating content into relatable communications for our audience and the channel and good judgment of what and how to communicate. Design sensibility desired as well.
The impact you will have:
- Owns strategic direction and governance of CA’s social media channels
- Create comprehensive marketing plans for each channel to boost brand image, increase customer engagement and improve conversions
- Plan, design, implement and monitor social media marketing campaigns in collaboration with content strategy team and with an eye on key marketing campaigns
- Determine prioritization and support when and how social channels can be integrated with the company’s strategic marketing plans
- Be able to inform and possibly direct paid social advertising/media
- Create, curate and manage social media content, including text, audio, visual and multimedia formats
- Ensure consistency across all channels with respect to the brand identity and in alignment with brand governance
- Monitor social media trends, including developments in design, applications, strategy and innovation to stay relevant and effective
- Hire and supervise a talents team of social media content and monitoring specialists
- Identify and track social media campaigns’ key performance metrics to maximize results and report progress to management.
Who we are looking for:
- Someone with 5 years of experiencing managing multiple brand channels
- A leader who has managed a team and knows how to prioritize and delegate tasks
- Proficient with Programs Social Media Management tools, including scheduling/listening applications, Video and Design Editing tools, Digital Performance Analysis, MS Suite, and Project Management and Editing tools
- Copy editing and basic proofing skills
- Deep knowledge of how to develop and apply social media / audience user personas
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer centric skills – build trust and dependability
- Ongoing learner – able to learn and incorporate new and complex concepts quickly
- Results oriented – follow through to complete assignments
- Effective decision making, ownership, and accountability
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.