Junior Security Engineer
Founded in 1969, Curriculum Associates (CA) is a leading educational technology and publishing company with a mission to make classrooms better places for students and teachers. As a company, we have both a responsibility and the opportunity to reduce the effects of systemic racism for the students, educators, and educational communities we serve and for our own team members. We are committed to ensuring CA is a champion of antiracist ideals in our service to schools, in our products, and in our company culture. Our research-based, award-winning print and digital instruction and assessment products provide educators with the tools necessary to personalize learning for every student and help all students become college and career ready.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Junior Security Engineer
We are seeking a Junior Security Engineer to support our application security program and our security operations center (SOC). Responsibilities will include alert triage, incident handling, and finding security issues in our i-Ready product. The successful candidate will help define procedures and choose tools to improve our security posture in support of the Curriculum Associates’ mission.
Why join this team:
We are growing our security team! We're looking for someone who wants to make a difference and have an impact on our path and direction. You will have the opportunity to learn and work on many areas of cyber security at Curriculum Associates, while building up our AppSec Program and Security Operations Center.
In a single program, i-Ready integrates powerful assessments and rich insights with effective and engaging instruction in reading and mathematics to address students’ individual needs. i-Ready empowers teachers every day to make more informed instructional decisions and motivates students with access to their own personalized path to growth. Want to be part of our impact? Join us!
The impact you’ll have:
- You’ll identify security vulnerabilities in our products and offer remediation guidance.
- You’ll investigate security events using firewall logs, SIEM solutions, EDR solutions, and other security tools to identify and prevent or mitigate incidents as they occur.
- You’ll coordinate with the security and IT teams to escalate issues.
- You’ll help administer and create processes and policies for our SOC tools.
- You’ll document incidents to contribute to incident response and disaster recovery plans.
Who we’re looking for:
- 2 years cyber security experience/exposure (may be substituted with degree or academic work in cyber security)
- Programming experience with Java and/or Python
- Experience investigating security incidents with firewalls, SIEMs, and endpoints
- Analytical mind with strong interpersonal skills
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Some audit and compliance (ISO-27000, NIST-800, SOC, PCI) efforts and understanding
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.