Software Engineer - Backend
Curriculum Associates is a privately owned, rapidly growing education company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. We believe that all children have the chance to succeed, and this drives the decisions our engineering, product development, and service teams make every day. Our award-winning products, including cloud-based i-Ready®, provide teachers and administrators with flexible resources that deliver meaningful assessments and data-driven, differentiated instruction for children. We serve millions of students with our i-Ready®, Ready®, and BRIGANCE® programs because of our laser focus on our customers’ needs over our own bottom line, and a belief that thoughtful and continuous innovation leads to a positive impact on classrooms and measurable growth for students.
Why join this team:
You will build tools and reports to support educators thus directly impacting over 8 million students! You will be part of a high performing full stack development team that works collaboratively with product owners and QA engineers to solve complex information needs. You will learn and grow in both technical and non-technical skills in a supportive environment.
The impact you’ll have:
- By being a part of our rapidly growing education company, you will impact millions of students by your contributions to our award-winning education software service.
- You will design, develop, and deliver rich applications using Java, Spring, SQL, and related frameworks.
- You will contribute to design and development of new features on our multi-tenant cloud hosted SaaS platform.
- You will apply your skills and grow technically under the guidance of strong mentors as you solve challenging engineering problems.
- You will work closely with engineers and product owners on an agile team to understand requirements and deliver technical solutions.
- You will work with a wide variety of AWS services and data technologies.
- You will write unit and integration tests and conduct code reviews to ensure software quality.
Who we’re looking for:
- You have web application development experience using Spring, Spring MVC, Hibernate or other comparable industry-leading open-source frameworks.
- You have experience working with SQL.
- You have sound knowledge of HTTP, REST APIs, Security, and databases.
- You enjoy solving complex problems in efficient and creative ways.
- You are passionate about producing clean, maintainable, robust, well-tested code and have some experience with JUnit or TestNG
- You are committed to team success.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent experience
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience working with containers like Docker and AWS cloud services
- Experience with big data processing with Spark or Scala.
- Experience with educational software.
More about this role:
Location: Location can be remote or local. Flexible options for local employees to work from home a few days a week.
Starting date: ASAP.
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.