Senior Program Manager
We are seeking an experienced program management professional to drive delivery of innovative instructional software and content for a rapidly growing education company committed to making classrooms a better place for teachers and students.
Reporting to the VP of Program Management, the Senior Program Manager will be responsible for delivering on product roadmap initiatives and programs in a fast-paced, Agile culture. The successful candidate in this highly visible role will lead programs and projects; coordinating schedules and managing interdependencies between product delivery teams made up of Product Management, Design, Lesson Development, Engineering, Marketing, Educator Success and more.
Why join this team:
Our PMO is a passionate group of leaders supporting high-performing teams. We are committed to quality, continuously learning and relentlessly improving. Our work directly impacts the company’s goals and mission. Want to make a difference? Join us!
The impact you’ll have:
- You will lead programs and projects, optimizing value delivery of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and print product offerings using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- You will develop program charters, aligning multiple stakeholder as to scope, objectives, success factors, deliverables, and resource requirements.
- You will assemble and manage cross-product and cross-functional schedules, coordinating dependencies across teams to optimize value delivery.
- You will continuously monitor program health using metrics to provide data-driven status. You will communicate program status and escalate issues to stakeholders at the appropriate level of the organization.
- You will remove cross-team impediments, manage risks and champion continuous improvement leading initiatives delivering efficiencies.
- You may manage vendor resources and assist with contract and statement of work (SOW) negotiations
- Actively manage project scope and any necessary change management activities.
Who we’re looking for:
- You have experience delivering programs on schedule and with the expected business value, preferably in a commercial software organization whose primary revenue streams are derived from software product development and sales.
- You have experience leading programs combining both Agile (Scrum) software development and Waterfall project management.
- You possess the ability to influence and manage cross-functional, cross-product teams in a matrixed environment.
- You have experience assembling and managing cross-functional schedules and risk plans.
- You possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written), with the ability to communicate at all levels including technical engineers and management.
- You listen and support teams in problem identification, solutioning and decision making.
- You can focus on detail but understand how the work fits into the larger program.
- You encourage an environment that values mutual respect, openness and courage.
- You possess very strong initiative, with proven ability to execute with minimal direction.
- You have experience establishing stakeholder relationships in a remote working environment.
- You have experience with multiple program management tools such as JIRA, Wrike, and Smartsheets.
- You have 6+ years experience with program management
- You have a Bachelors degree, preferably in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- PMI’s certification is highly desired, such as Project Management Professional (PMP®) or Program Management Professional (PgMP®).
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile scaling methodologies, such as Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) or Scrum at Scale™.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma or other continuous improvement methodology experience
More about this role:
Location: North Billerica, MA (Remote until deemed safe to return to the office)
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.