Senior Information Security Engineer
Founded in 1969, Curriculum Associates (CA) is a leading educational technology and publishing company with a mission to make classrooms better places for students and teachers. As a company, we have both a responsibility and the opportunity to reduce the effects of systemic racism for the students, educators, and educational communities we serve and for our own team members. We are committed to ensuring CA is a champion of antiracist ideals in our service to schools, in our products, and in our company culture. Our research-based, award-winning print and digital instruction and assessment products provide educators with the tools necessary to personalize learning for every student and help all students become college and career ready.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Senior Information Security Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Information Security Engineer to join our security team within our technology organization. The focus will be on our corporate infrastructure and our security processes and procedures (endpoint management, intrusion prevention, disaster recovery). The successful candidate will establish advanced security capabilities within the organization and drive improvements in our security posture in support of the Curriculum Associates’ mission.
Why join this team:
We are growing our security team! We're looking for someone who wants to make a difference and have an impact on our path and direction. While the focus will be our corporate infrastructure, you will have the opportunity to learn and work on the security of our SaaS application and AWS environment.
In a single program, i-Ready integrates powerful assessments and rich insights with effective and engaging instruction in reading and mathematics to address students’ individual needs. i-Ready empowers teachers every day to make more informed instructional decisions and motivates students with access to their own personalized path to growth. Want to be part of our impact? Join us!
The impact you’ll have:
- You’ll develop, monitor, and assess our data, server, and network security implementations.
- You’ll conduct vulnerability testing and implement remediation.
- You’ll configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure.
- You’ll administer corporate security tools (PAM, EDR, DLP, IDS, etc.).
- You’ll review and refine data security policies and procedures.
Who we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in an Information Security role including administration of Windows Desktops and Servers
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, and Mac security controls
- Experience managing Office 365 security controls (data loss prevention, encryption)
- Strong understanding of networking and firewall administration
- Working knowledge of penetration testing methods and tools (Kali Linux, Metasploit, Mimikatz, Cobalt Strike)
- Experience with mobile application and device security controls
- Ability to work in and enjoy a fast-paced environment across organizational teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- General analysis/problem solving and ability to develop creative solutions
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience with either application security or AWS infrastructure security
- Some audit and compliance (ISO-27000, NIST-800, SOC, PCI) efforts and understanding
- PowerShell, Bash, Python scripting, and coding abilities
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.