Project Manager, Curriculum Development
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. Located outside Boston, we are an innovative, collaborative, and mission-driven company that has been consistently recognized as a Boston Globe Top Workplace and a Boston Business Journal Best Place to Work.
Project Manager, Curriculum Development
Reporting up through the Operations team, this position’s responsibility is to manage the development of curriculum products, working closely with the editorial, design, production teams as well as vendors and key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of curriculum development, content development life-cycles, experience coordinating in-house editorial teams, freelancers, and vendors; and a working knowledge of how to develop and deliver content for digital and print products. The Project Manager will help maintain the accuracy and validity of various projects and ensure project deadlines and budgets are adhered to.
The impact you’ll have:
- You will own the end-to-end schedule, from concept to release, and continually track real vs. anticipated progress
- You will prioritize work for our team of editors, writers, designers, and production specialists, maintaining reasonable workloads while meeting the needs of the project
- You will run status meetings for project teams, setting the agenda and capturing key decisions, open issues, and follow ups
- You will stay on top of changes and key decisions on the project, keeping the team informed through updates and the maintenance of our project documentation
- You will uncover and troubleshoot problems, particularly issues involving the coordination of efforts across the team
- You will coordinate the work of our outside vendors and temporary employees, managing contracts and invoices and tracking against the budget
- You will document all project specifications as they evolve through the project life span
- You will ensure the project is on schedule and escalate project issues and potential solutions to leadership
- You will communicate status to team members, stakeholders and impacted teams/colleagues
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years’ experience in curriculum product development
- Someone who loves being a project manager, and is comfortable managing the thousands of details of a program while also keeping the long view
- Someone who is a solutions-based, independent critical thinker
- Someone who has the ability to:
- Foster and maintain a collaborative team dynamic
- Solve problems and think critically
- Plan and organize
- Communicate clearly, both by speaking directly and writing concisely
- Negotiate and manage conflict
- Learn quickly and adapt to new/changing priorities
- Experience delivering multiple projects simultaneously, or experience with complex, multi-year projects
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and a demonstrated record of previous achievement
- Experience managing contract editors and writers, and development/production vendors
- A team player who works productively and cooperatively with a wide range of people
- Ability to influence project teams with matrixed authority
What we’d also love to see:
- Proven experience delivering successful complex K-12 curriculum programs
- Experience with both print and digital curriculum materials
This position will be based in our headquarters office in North Billerica, MA (a suburb of Boston); we will also consider candidates located outside Boston with convenient access to an airport. If you are not in the Boston area, plan on visiting our headquarters office an average of 3-5 days per quarter after training.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.