Warehouse Materials Handler
Warehouse Materials Handler
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is currently seeking a Materials Handler to join our mission-driven, value-based organization. The Materials Handler will help to fill customer orders for our nearly 10-million customers across the country. The Materials Handler will need to be licensed to operate a variety of power equipment to support the needs of all areas within the warehouse.
The impact you’ll have:
- Follow commands of RF Scan Gun supported by the Warehouse Management System (Softeon)
- Fill customer orders by picking and packing product from loose pick or full case modules
- Responsible for processing “Rush, Overnight, 2nd and 3rd day UPS orders
- Replenish inventory by cutting open cases with a box cutter. Lift and load cartons into pick modules
- Place or push cartons onto a conveyor system
- Remove empty pallets from full case pick locations and stack in designated areas
- Discard any trash onto overhead trash conveyor or trash receptacle as needed
- Construct/set-up boxes used to pack product as needed
- Counting and assembling books and sets as needed for build-ups
- Palletize Customer orders in the shipping area and sort by order number
- Scan cartons to a pallet tag ensuring every carton gets scanned
- Closeout orders when complete and prepare a pallet for outbound shipping
- Use manual pallet jack as needed when manual pallet movement is needed
- Assist in other areas as needed
What we’re looking for:
- You have a GED or high school diploma
- You have a valid driver’s license and are have prior experience with, but not limited to, the following equipment: Swing reach turret truck; Double Reach forklift; Order picker; Counterbalance forklift; sit-down forklift; rider pallet jack
- You have exemplary inter-departmental and customer service skills
- You possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- You’re a team player, experienced in directing others through clear communication and motivation
- You can lift up to 50 lbs. and work with pallets weighing up to 2,000 lbs
- You can be on your feet and work a consistent schedule from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, including mandatory evening and weekend overtime as needed
- You are adaptable, thriving in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics
- Prior picking, packing, and shipping experience a plus
Candidates will be asked to pass a written and practical power equipment licensing test, with the necessary training, as part of the hiring process.
Location: This role is based in our warehouse in Littleton, MA
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.