Accounts Receivable Manager
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Accounts Receivable Manager
Curriculum Associates is seeking a motivated and energetic Accounts Receivable Manager to join our team. The Accounts Receivable Manager will be primarily responsible for managing the Accounts Receivable function, including billing, collections, and cash applications. The successful candidate will have a “can-do” professional attitude and will be excited about an opportunity to lead and collaborate in a growing and evolving position and organization. The Accounts Receivable Manager will oversee staff training, coaching, and development. The ideal candidate will lead by example, ensuring accuracy and efficiency throughout our accounts receivable process to achieve the company’s goals.
The impact you’ll have:
- Manage the entire Accounts Receivable process, including invoice creation and delivery, customer collections, producing aging reports, ensuring accurate cash applications, and preparing account reconciliations
- Review monthly aging report and report overdue outstanding items
- Assist staff in researching and handling more complicated AR transactions
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures
- Prepare reports for management that indicate the overall status of customer accounts including aging, collections, and anticipated refunds
- Develop and maintain successful relationships and dealings with customers
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic and financial goals
- Collaborate effectively and positively with Sales, Operations, and Finance teams across Curriculum Associates
- Focus on talent development and mentoring team by setting goals, provide ongoing training, and maintain strong employee relations
- Provide and monitor key KPIs and metrics related to departmental performance and productivity
- Facilitate monthly close procedures to ensure deadlines are met
- Assist with implementation of a new ERP system and ensure team members are adequately trained
- Assist with financial and tax audits
- Willing to help with any project or work in the finance organization
Who we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years of Accounts Receivable and management experience
- Team player who can work on a variety of projects simultaneously and can work independently
- Experience using Workday or equivalent ERP a plus
- Advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions) and ability to work with large volumes of transactional data
- Strong work ethic and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work East Coast business hours (9:00am-5:00pm ET)
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Location: Currently, all Curriculum Associates employees are working remotely due to Covid-19. Once it is safe to go back into the office, we anticipate this position will be required to work out of our Tucson, AZ office.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.