Accessibility Product Manager
A thriving, mission-driven educational technology and service organization, Curriculum Associates produces and delivers award-winning curriculum, assessments, and professional services to thousands of K-8 School Districts and millions of teachers and students across the nation. We are seeking an Accessibility Product Manager to drive our long-term strategy to support all students regardless of cognitive, physical, or sensory abilities.
In this role, the Accessibility Product Manager will collaborate across our product development teams, support and guide editorial and creative partners, and adapt, and evolve our tools and processes to create accessible applications that delight all users. Ideal candidates will possess experience creating long-term strategies for accessibility, experience in school districts, and a deep understanding of the WCAG requirements and how they are used in districts to guide buying and implementation decisions.
Impact you'll have:
- Own strategic approach to accessibility at Curriculum Associates
- Partner with cross-functional leads in the Product Development teams to prioritize accessibility work
- Partner with practitioners (engineers, designers) and enable them to execute against the practices you determine
- In collaboration with our Engineering leadership, establish and govern the technical and design standards for accessibility across all our platforms and services
- Conduct expert evaluations and reviews of our product to ensure compliance and uncover opportunities
- Remain current on technology and experience patterns in order to constantly be capable of communicating changes and updates to our approach to accessibility
- Expertly communicate, internally and externally, on behalf of Curriculum Associates on the topic of accessibility as a thought leader in the space
- Work from one of our major Product Development office locations (Billerica, MA, Brooklyn, NYC with occasional travel to customer sites and other office locations
What we're looking for:
- Experience at scale with digital and print accessibility tech and design solutions, and policy
- Demonstratable expertise and understanding of WCAG 2.x guidelines and ARIA techniques
- Experience using and testing assistive technologies (incl VoiceOver, Browser extensions, JAWS and NVDA)
- High comfort level with both web and mobile technologies and capacity to participate in code-level review and discussion to enforce standards
- Ability to lead/direct impact through multi-disciplinary development teams that do not directly report to you
- Communication skills to enable cross functional work with those you need to influence and stakeholders
- You shine most at motivating others to carry forward and execute a strategy without needing to be in the room.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.