At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Founded in 1969, Curriculum Associates is a leading educational technology and publishing company with a mission to make classrooms better places for students and teachers. As a company, we have both a responsibility and the opportunity to reduce the effects of systemic racism for the students, educators, and educational communities we serve and for our team members. We are committed to ensuring CA is a champion of antiracist ideals in our service to schools, in our products, and in our company culture. Our research-based, award-winning print and digital instruction and assessment products provide educators with the tools necessary to personalize learning for every student and help all students become college and career-ready.
We are seeking a motivated and energetic Collections Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate will have a “can-do” professional attitude and will be excited about an opportunity to drive collections in a growing and evolving organization. The position requires strong attention to detail and the ability to resolve accounts receivable issues in a fast-paced environment. This position will work closely with our Billing and Customer Service teams to ensure timely collection of outstanding invoices.
The impact you’ll have:
- Manage the timely remittance of customer payments by developing and executing a strategy which should include personal contact via email or phone and, when necessary, working with internal Sales or Customer Service teams to ensure timely collections
- Prepare daily and weekly aged receivable reports to monitor and communicate key performance indicators including, customer aging, collections effectiveness, and status of high risk accounts
- Monitor customer accounts and provide recommendations for bad debt provisions or write-offs
- Research customer overpayments and manage application or return of fund
- Supply customers with copies of invoices, credit memos, W9 form, banking information, and any other information required to remit payment to Curriculum Associates
- Generate and mail reminder letters to customers with outstanding balances that are more than 30 days overdue
- Coordinate with customers to establish or update billing remittance information and establish a point of contact for future invoice follow-up
Who we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of Accounts Receivable, collections, and customer billing experience
- Experience reaching credit and collections goals while maintaining strong customer relationships
- Workday Financial experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and documentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Location: Currently, all Curriculum Associates employees are working remotely due to Covid-19. Once it is safe to go back into the office, we anticipate this position will be required to work out of our Billerica, MA office.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.