Senior Software Engineer - Learning Games (Unity)
Your game development skills can help children learn. Our team (i-readycentral.com/LearningGames) creates delightful, award-winning games that help students master math and develop a positive relationship with
Our studio creates games in unique circumstances. Rather than building a game that will find its market niche for some months (years if you're lucky) and moving onto the next game, our games are platforms for learning that will continue to evolve over the next 5-10 years as our relationship to curricula advances. We're more willing to invest in testing and solid foundational design than other game studios. Of course, we also have constraints like a need to make initial WebGL export files very lean so we can support schools with low internet bandwidth. Join us if you want to make games that positively impact kids' lives with internal architecture as beautiful as their outward appearance.
The impact you’ll have:
- Lead Unity development: we’re a small team, so your focus is implementation. You’ll be collaborating with all to add new features and game mechanics to existing titles, bring new game concepts from prototype to polished final product, iteratively refine student interactions to maximize learning and fun – and fix bugs, of course!
- Elevate our Unity codebase: you’ll evolve and expand our library of education and game components that underlie our suite of mobile and web games in multiple genres. A focus here can provide growth into an Architect role.
- Mentor game engineers on a growing team: perform team code reviews and share knowledge about our common library as it evolves, as well as design patterns, 3rd party libraries and more.
What we’re looking for:
- Passion for helping children learn.
- Ability to work from our San Francisco office, located next to Montgomery BART.
- 8+ years working in the game industry, 2+ years working on the Unity platform. (Note: we may also be building games in HTML or other platforms, but the majority will be in Unity. Also, if you jumped into games from another industry but meet our other criteria, give us a shout!)
- A portfolio of diverse, high-quality, cross-platform games.
- Ability to discuss the merits of common game patterns and reusable architecture. Willingness to advocate for additional improvements to our technology and processes.
- Experience creating modular classes and services for reuse across diverse titles.
- Comfort taking on myriad responsibilities on a small, entrepreneurial, collaborative, Agile team.
We’d also love to see:
- Mobile experience.
- Passion for improving the production pipeline.
- Experience optimizing for performance and memory footprint.
Want to explore more? Check us out on social media:
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.