Educational Sales Consultant - Seattle, WA
Do you believe that teachers are heroes? If yes, come join our team!
Curriculum Associates (CA) hires people, not positions. If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking, making our products better for the educators and 8 million students we serve. Above all, we’re looking for the right person to grow with us!
Curriculum Associates is looking for a mission-driven Educational Sales Consultant to serve the Seattle, WA area. This position reports to the WA Metro Sales and Implementation Team Director and works closely with the Account Management and Professional Development teams in the PNW region. The ideal candidate will be passionate about selling and supporting QUALITY IMPLEMENTATIONS of our very successful and innovative educational resources.
The ideal candidate will have, or learn to build, strong district educator relationships, including building new interdependent relationships with school and district-level administrators to support the successful implementation of blended digital and print-based programs within the Curriculum Associates portfolio.
The ideal candidate must have a passion for learning and courageous innovation.
The impact you’ll have...
- Become an expert on the company’s product portfolio, the issues faced by teachers in the classroom, and the latest educational trends at the local, state, and national level – including remote learning!
- Establish and maintain relationships with school district leaders in targeted accounts
- Demonstrate effective territory management
- Develop relationships with pilot teachers and ensure smooth implementations
- Collaborate to deliver key Team sales presentations
- Collaborate to deliver Team professional development.
- Represent Curriculum Associates at national and regional conferences
- Demonstrate productive and successful working relationships with internal Teams to include sales, service, account management, and product development teams
- Develop and implement sales plans and strategies to effectively utilize multiple resources
- Create and maintain an accurate opportunities pipeline
- Continuously and accurately forecast sales results
- Communicate information such as product needs, market conditions, promotional activities, business opportunities, sales trends, and competition strategies/activities
- 2-5 years of experience in teaching and education
- Authentic ability to empathize with educators
- Active and talented listener
- believer in the importance of cultural responsiveness and the fight for equity in education
- Previous experience training and supporting educators with quality implementations
- Intermediate/advanced proficiency demonstrating digital/technology solutions
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite, web-based presentation tools, sales contact management systems (Salesforce) a plus
- Experience in a SaaS-based sales environment or educational sales is a plus, but not required
- Position involves some overnight travel, approximately 25%
- Position involves the ability to lift and transport books and promotional materials weighing as much as 50lbs
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.