Mathematics Learning & Development Specialist
MATHEMATICS LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
This position will leverage his/her previous experience facilitating K-8 teacher and leader professional development to drive internal learning and effective implementation practices for the professional services team.
The impact you’ll have:
- Collaborate with field leadership to drive internal professional development for the PD, Sales, and Account Management field delivery teams, leading to exceptional implementations of Curriculum Associates’ math programs.
- Serve as a key partner in supporting and refining the overarching vision for implementation of Ready Mathematics/Ready Classroom blended core users.
- Spend time in the field, observing customers, gathering data on strengths and areas for improvement within implementations, and helping troubleshoot as needed.
- Develop internal eLearning based on content from a team of subject-matter experts to develop the field team’s math product knowledge and content knowledge.
- Successfully design and deliver in-person professional development sessions for blended teams (ex: PD and Sales) and specific teams (ex: regional team meeting for PD).
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to evaluate and refine existing learning and development programs in terms of objectives, scope, timeline, and deliverables.
- Design assessments to evaluate the skill set of field team members, provide oral and written feedback, and oversee remediation as necessary.
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a strong interest in working for a mission-centric organization. Ideal candidates will also exhibit qualifications including:
- Demonstrated effectiveness teaching mathematics at the K-8 level.
- Experience facilitating teacher and leader professional development at the K-8 level.
- Experience coaching and developing math teachers and leaders.
- Demonstrated effectiveness managing complex projects and taking initiative to achieve outcomes.
- Extensive knowledge of K-8 math instruction, research-based instructional practices, and adult learning theory.
- Proven organizational and strategic planning skills.
- Strong presentation, facilitation, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working cross-functionally and building relationships with remote teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in education preferred.
The Team: At Curriculum Associates, our professional services field delivery team drives successful implementations, leading to greater outcomes for students and educators. We believe in investing in the professional learning and growth of our services team to further this mission.
Location: This position is based in our headquarters office in North Billerica, MA (a suburb of Boston). Exceptions may be made for candidates of exceptional experience.
Travel Requirements: Approximately 30-40% of total time. Required travel includes summer PD academies, Sales and Service meetings, other in-person internal learning events, and observations of professional development sessions and implementations in schools across the country.
Starting Date: ASAP
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.