Director, IT Infrastructure and Support Services
Director, IT Infrastructure and Support Services
Curriculum Associates is seeking a highly qualified senior leader to manage our internal Infrastructure and IT Support Services teams. In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery of all IT infrastructure, operations, and support services used to enable business capabilities and services across the enterprise. The Director will bring current knowledge and a future vision for transforming the infrastructure and support functions including its strategy, service offerings, and workforce needs. The role holder is a senior stakeholder in all relationships with externally sourced infrastructure and operations capabilities. In addition, the role will be a key member of the senior IT leadership team, contribute to the development and execution of the enterprise-wide IT strategy, and is responsible for ensuring the infrastructure and support strategy is fully aligned and positioned to deliver compelling business value.
Why join this team:
Our IT Infrastructure and Support team is a critical component of our company’s success and we take pride in the service we bring. We have a strong team-centric environment, that works tirelessly to improve existing processes, build and maintain resilient technology, and drive innovation and efficiency by always looking for new creative solutions to business challenges.
The impact you’ll have:
- Responsible for setting the mission, vision, and strategy for the Corporate Infrastructure and IT Support Services teams that align with our corporate goals and enhances employee productivity.
- Lead, develop, and mentor a strong and dedicated team of technical resources that include both leaders and individual contributors.
- Provide the strategic direction on emerging technologies, and develop plans to evaluate and implement solutions, which will drive efficiencies, employee productivity, and a more secure environment.
- Collaborate with the leaders in the Infrastructure and IT Support Services teams to develop innovated, secure, and efficient processes, technology solutions and enterprise system standards.
- Works with IT leadership and the PMO organization to develop project governance processes, prioritize initiatives, and align with other IT projects that are in flight or on the roadmap.
- Build strong partnerships with business stakeholders by developing an understanding of their operations and pain points, and partner together to deliver necessary infrastructure and support solutions.
- Collaborates with the IT Support Services leader to define and deliver best practice-based service methodologies and service level agreements. In addition, develops KPI’s to measure delivery quality and satisfaction levels, to drive continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the Corporate IT Security program and actively collaborates with CA’s CISO and CIO on developing security strategy, policy, procedures, and controls. This role will represent IT on various security committees and will regularly deliver status reports to external stakeholders.
- Serve as the lead resource to support audit, compliance, and security assessments, and manages all associated remediation efforts.
- Develops IT sourcing strategies and builds strong relationships with CA’s external partners/vendors, and ensures expectations and SLA’s are consistently met. In addition, the role will lead related contract negotiations to drive cost efficient solutions and services.
- Work with the CIO and other IT leaders to assess internal resource skills, resource gaps, business demand, and develop short and long-term workforce capacity and staffing plans.
- Collaborate with the CIO to develop annual operating and capital budgets, and periodic forecasts that align with the CA’s strategic goals.
Who we’re looking for:
- 12+ years in the IT infrastructure and support domains, actively managing mission critical systems and technology.
- 8+ years in an IT management role that includes operations, strategy, and people management experience.
- Proven experience in managing and leading IT transformational initiatives in a complex, growing, and fast pace environment.
- Strong experience managing technologies such as: VMware, Windows Server, and Active Directory, Azure Iaas/PaaS, Microsoft M365, Okta (or other SSO platform), etc.
- Strong network/netsec experience, including familiarity with firewall policy, networking administration, network design, troubleshooting, and other network security tools.
- Intimately familiar with security in practice at all layers and integrate it all aspects of our processes and operations.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills
- Strong experience mentoring, coaching, goal setting, and developing all team members.
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in computer science or information systems, or equivalent experience.
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Hands on experience implementing and maintaining Fortinet (Firewalls, SDWAN, VPN, switching, etc.), Aruba & Aruba Clearpass, Cisco, Pure storage, SentinelOne, Thycotic Privileged Assess management, AWS, etc.
- Various security certifications, such as CISM, CISSP, etc.
- Various infrastructure and support certifications, such as ITIL, MCSA, MCSE, etc.
More about this role:
Location: The role reports to our Rangeway Road, North Billerica office.
Starting date: ASAP
Perks: Remote flexibility is an option 1 day per week as on-site needs permit.
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.