Content Specialist, ELA - 1 Year Assignment
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Our goal is to make classrooms better places for students and teachers. By providing high-quality, research-based, engaging, culturally sustaining, and anti-racist content to the schools we serve, along with assessment tools for setting high expectations, we believe that we can help schools create a learning environment where every student succeeds.
This role is part of the Assessment Programs team, focusing on Early Literacy, and reports to a Senior Project Supervisor on the Assessment Editorial team. The Assessment Editorial team and the Assessment Program team together make up the Assessment Design team, which is led by the Associate Vice President of Assessment. As the English Language Arts (Reading, Writing) Content Specialist, you will work with fellow Reading Content Editors and Project Supervisors to execute content developed for our many assessment programs. You’ll work with a dynamic, hard-working team of directors, project managers, and editors focused on improving how we assess students’ literacy knowledge.
This 12-month contract position will focus on the editing and reviewing of English Language Arts assessment items for digital and print products, specifically in the area of early literacy.
The impact you’ll have:
- Join a mission-driven organization dedicated in developing educational resources that support anti-racist beliefs
- Be an integral part of creating educational resources that are used by 8 million students across the country
- Edit and review English Language Arts assessment items for digital and print products. Work with a variety of Item types including, but not limited to, technology-enhanced items
- Ensure that items adhere to Curriculum Associates writing guidelines and specifications as well as style guidelines
- Ensure item alignment to state standards
- Create fair and balanced test forms regarding item type, complexity, context, and representation
- Work collaboratively with directors, managers, coordinators, and other staff
- Ensure that research to assessment design will result in providing the best instructional recommendations
- Use English Language Arts content expertise to provide scoring recommendations based on psychometric data of items
- Facilitate and participate in user research projects such as teacher item reviews and student cognitive labs
- Work in a collaborative environment while maintaining agreed upon schedules and deliverables
- Who we’re looking for:
- Passion for ensuring diverse, equitable, and inclusive assessment experiences for students of all backgrounds
- 2+ years of Reading/ELA assessment editorial experience
- Teaching experience in early childhood or grades K–2
- Bachelor’s degree in English and/or Writing or English Language Arts education
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience aligning K–8 English Language Arts content to state standards and understanding of common student errors and misconceptions
- Experience writing and editing items aligned to K-2 foundational reading skills such as phonological awareness, phonics and word recognition, and fluency.
- Experience with writing and completing editorial reads on rigorous assessment items and passages, including items that are non-traditional and in technology-enhanced formats for grades K–8, that address higher-level Depths of Knowledge
- Experience creating assessment items that adhere to the Universal Principles of Design
- Familiarity and comfort working with content management systems and online authoring tools with an ability to learn and work in multiple development environments/platforms
- Strong analytical/critical thinking skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully within a team environment, but also can work autonomously and proactively on all projects and tasks
- Masters Degree in Reading Education or related English Arts assessment field
- Experience with project management
- This role is remote, with the expectation of occasional travel to company headquarters in North Billerica, once it is safe to do so.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.